04-15-2017 03:14 AM
79 ... 234
tools
    This is what I don't get.. Is every person on earth using cad or edits videos??? Cause this is the most defensive arguments most guys over here use... I'm a developer and have never used one of those...
    Just because you don't doesn't mean squat. Why would a developer ever have to use CAD? Anybody involved in any industry that relies, or participates in, any kind of design or manufacturing will have to work with .dwg files at some point. Even a CNC machine operator has to get in on it. Us "guys over here" are on this platform because "we guys" have jobs that rely on advanced tech and don't have time to fiddle around with Snapchat. We may on our spare time but when it's time to bring home the bacon, we use tech to make our jobs easier. That's how we "guys over here" roll.
    Last edited by fatclue_98; 04-14-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    Jazmac, Laura Knotek and editguy like this.
    04-14-2017 05:48 PM
    That's just you and your ignorance or hatred... Can you check the definition of an IS please?
    That actually angered you? But do you have words to defend it or did you simply roll your eyes?
    04-14-2017 07:53 PM
    This is what I don't get.. Is every person on earth using cad or edits videos??? Cause this is the most defensive arguments most guys over here use... I'm a developer and have never used one of those...
    Those (CAD and video editing, which I do) are just a couple of uses. Here are a few more (not a comprehensive list by any means):

transportation
    manufacturing
    retail
    law enforcement
    food distribution
    energy
    field services
    mining
    construction
    agriculture
    medical

Could any of these transition to Android? Some, perhaps. Many probably not. But Industry and Enterprise need compelling reasons (of which financial is at the top of the list) to transition to a new system. The costs for new systems and retraining can be staggering. Currently, there are no compelling reasons for any of these to move to Android. Just because in your world you haven't used any of these, doesn't mean your needs represent the rest of the world.
    04-15-2017 01:31 AM
    Those (CAD and video editing, which I do) are just a couple of uses. Here are a few more (not a comprehensive list by any means):

transportation
    manufacturing
    retail
    law enforcement
    food distribution
    energy
    field services
    mining
    construction
    agriculture
    medical

Could any of these transition to Android? Some, perhaps. Many probably not. But Industry and Enterprise need compelling reasons (of which financial is at the top of the list) to transition to a new system. The costs for new systems and retraining can be staggering. Currently, there are no compelling reasons for any of these to move to Android. Just because in your world you haven't used any of these, doesn't mean your needs represent the rest of the world.
    Agree for now.. But the game evolves and yes I know I can not code in my phone comfortably for now but IDEs are there ... But android and iOS are definitely OS do you know anbox???
    04-15-2017 03:14 AM
79 ... 234