Where is the difference in updating philosophy W10 and W10M

sandflo

May 6, 2014
Visit site
So, the big question that bugs me with the recent announcement of the upgrade philosophy in W10M is this.

In W10 Microsoft says: update all Hardware to W10. It doesn't matter how old. It will run slow perhaps, but we thought of everything and drivers will work too. Even if they are not signed you'll be fine.
We will drop support of older flights (original W10) so update to the new ones. And by the way we optimize it all the time so resources won't matter. We are getting better...

In W10M: It matters what hardware you have - not necessarily fastest ones ie 640 will get it but not 930. Even if CU is faster / not slower. But don't look in our cards - we don't understand them so you won't as well.

So the question: why does it seem is W10 capable of not caring on the hardware and W10M not? Why does it seem Microsoft has to put effort in forking W10M to each hardware - and so they have to look after their resources in W10M but not in W10.

Nathan-NL

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I wonder why Microsoft uses negative feedback as an explanation for ending support for older phones.

Are they looking at feedback from the last (two) builds or from older builds as well which had more bugs which could explain the negative feedback? And if people changed the registry keys of their phones to match those of a x3x phone, then they might have gotten more negative feedback because of that.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
They don't look at feedback at all. They want to push as many users as possible to other mobile platforms so the outcry will be smaller when W10M is officially abandoned

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
They won't to push as many users as possible to other mobile platforms so the outcry will be smaller when W10M is officially abandoned
I have believed that for a long time. Not that it is the primary goal but that result is considered a plus in decisions MS makes if there are other plausible explanations for their choices. I believe one reason MS bought Nokia was to make sure they had better control of the demise should a miracle not occur, the miracle being people continuing to buy Windows phones despite the incompetent way MS marketed the platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett