Edge and Internet Explorer 11 -- Still NOT Working -- Will NOT re-install.

FredSchall

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the help on IE 11 from the responder. However, turning it on in Programs and Features did not make it come to life. BOTH browsers have disappeared from my Win 10 machine. I have tried many things to wake them up. I need standalone copies of each to install. I have one for IE11. It won't install. It says another install had not completed. No mater what I do I can not get rid of that message. Adding the string in PowerShell --CMD Admin... does not install. Hope someone can help. Other browsers work fine. Many thanks! Fred

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I was not aware that Edge and IE could be installed using a standalone installer on Windows 10.

You might want to try "sfc /scannow" or refreshing your Windows installation.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help on IE 11 from the responder. However, turning it on in Programs and Features did not make it come to life. BOTH browsers have disappeared from my Win 10 machine. I have tried many things to wake them up. I need standalone copies of each to install. I have one for IE11. It won't install. It says another install had not completed. No mater what I do I can not get rid of that message. Adding the string in PowerShell --CMD Admin... does not install. Hope someone can help. Other browsers work fine. Many thanks! Fred

Both Edge and IE11 are part of the Windows 10 operating system. The system will not allow you to install another copy because it is already in the system.

If you want your Win 10 the way it should be, i.e. both Edge and IE11 available,
my suggestion is to do a Repair install.

Use the Media Creation Tool link :
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=7VJeyTT1

Click the Download Tool Now button >
select Create installation media for another PC >
That will start downloading the iso file to your computer.
When download is completed, RIGHT click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup (or setup.exe).
That will begin installation.
You are allowed to keep your files, settings and apps.
No product key is required.
Activation is automatic.

Last edited:

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
P.S. I don't know abut this forum as I did not start participating in Q&A until a month ago.

In other forums, they do not like people abandoned one thread and started another one for the same question/problem.

It will complicate matter and create confusion among other members trying to help.

Thank you.

In the first thread you started, I asked you to create another user account and test if the same problem persists.
You never reply back.
Do I assume the suggestion does not work ?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa