Continuum/Display Dock Doesn't Power Off USB Ports

OnSr

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently using the Display Dock with my Lumia 950. I just plugged a USB fan to the Display Dock. However, it is not stopping when I unplug my phone. I see the red light on the dock, saying the dock is turned off, but the USB fan is still working. If I use the fan with my laptop or PC, the fan is turning off as it should, but not with the Display Dock.

Any idea to stop the fan ?

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, unplug the fan or the dock. The hub is powered, right.. So it's got juice in through it. The red light means it's on standby waiting for the phone to connect then it turns red. In the meantime, it's acting as a charging block. So do what you got to do.

The fan turns off when you're on PC or laptop, because you're shutting them down. No more juice flowing to the ports.

Have a good one.

OnSr

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Well, I have put a switch between the USB port and the fan. I'm now manually controlling the fan. Way better than unplugging each time I don't use the dock :straight:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My laptop and the dock I connect it to on my desk both continue putting out power through the USB ports for reference.

For a device that's constantly powered, that's behavior that isn't out-of-the-ordinary. Glad you found a workaround though at least.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss