Windows 10 mobile creator update

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
He's in Eastern US. I don't believe there were any US carriers that sold 950XLs. So if he got the phone in the US, that's probably not it.

Maybe MS keeps server load under control by offering it to just so many devices at a time.

Also on the east coast and my unlocked 650 is missing out too. Your theory might be right.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I agree. I suggest waiting a while, even days.

Candidly, i was surprised i already got .251 on my unsupported 1520. I assumed Microsoft would have enough on their hands updating supported devices. Thought after that settled down, they'd turn to unsupported device. But i was pleasantly surprised.

And, I know some guys are still having problems, error codes are especially disconcerting. So, who knows? After all, I'm using "at my own risk" so i can wait and see.
Also on the east coast and my unlocked 650 is missing out too. Your theory might be right.

Varun Naive

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Where is the update ?
Got no update on my 640DS region india....
Microsoft is again disappointing its Fan base
28 th of april and still no love

RobertGoedicke

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
On unlocked L950XL. Still no update available despite checking obsessively. In eastern USA.

Am I the only one?
I don't have the update yet either. Carrier-free Lumia 950 XL in Germany.

Maybe MS keeps server load under control by offering it to just so many devices at a time.
I doubt that MS doesn't have enough server power to offer the update to those few left Windows 10 Mobile users at the same time...

bill2455

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Nope, purchased at an MS store, using an AT&T MVNO. Previous updates went without a hitch within hours after general availability. As of this am, still no update, but a bit comforting to see that I'm not alone.

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Two 950XL's direct from the MS store here and neither have received the update yet. I suspect the update server is in retrenchment mode too.... Either that or the update is being distributed one phone at a time to save on costs. :-(

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Previous updates went without a hitch within hours after general availability.
That's why I was expecting that I'd have the update very quickly on my factory unlocked Lumia 950. I'd owned this phone about a week when the Anniversary Update was released, and I was downloading it within about 15 minutes of when Windows Central posted that the update was available.

As of this morning, 3 days after the Creators Update was officially released, my phone is still showing no updates are available. I'm in the US.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here. Unlocked MS Store purchased 950XL in north east US. Still no update. I know they said rolling out, but this is beyond slow.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
That's why I was expecting that I'd have the update very quickly on my factory unlocked Lumia 950. I'd owned this phone about a week when the Anniversary Update was released, and I was downloading it within about 15 minutes of when Windows Central posted that the update was available.

As of this morning, 3 days after the Creators Update was officially released, my phone is still showing no updates are available. I'm in the US.

Looks like MS dont care about mobile 📱 update of creator.because no new big features or MS drops Lumia line and concentrate on Surface phone which is must flop because MS has no good strategy with mobile O.S

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here. Unlocked MS Store purchased 950XL in north east US. Still no update. I know they said rolling out, but this is beyond slow.
I did switch to Insider slow the night before to avoid possible server delays. Then switched back to Production Preview and got that by 10 AM the next day. Mine is an MS store purchased 950XL. MS definitely staggers and delays updates for PCs so no reason to think they don't for mobile as well. In the case of PCs they advised customers to NOT download and install Creators update but to wait for it to be offered thru update. The implication being they were throttling the updates to manage the number of support requests and problem reports coming in. If those started to stack up, slow down updates to allow them to catch up.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
My two cents.. L650. No sim, WiFi only. Still no update. I even did a reset the other day (no restore) to see if that might kick it off. Nope. It just sits quietly plugged in waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
My two cents.. L650. No sim, WiFi only. Still no update. I even did a reset the other day (no restore) to see if that might kick it off. Nope. It just sits quietly plugged in waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

You're not alone. Same phone and same deal. Not sure why they want to do this to us. :/

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
You're not alone. Same phone and same deal. Not sure why they want to do this to us. :/

They don't "do this to you". It's just a buggy release management and a talentless team which has no incentive and no pride in their work. They use iPhones and Androids themselves and they are there because they are still paid.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
They don't "do this to you". It's just a buggy release management and a talentless team which has no incentive and no pride in their work. They use iPhones and Androids themselves and they are there because they are still paid.

You know them all? 😉

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

I wish I knew as much as you did about their talent, or lack thereof. As well as the inside of their heads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb