Screen Notifications

VasTheGreek

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I am certain that the notifications in win8.1 were more discrete than on win10 while the phone is locked. I see no point in being able to read half a message or fb post when the device is locked. Tell me there is one OR show me who from, but don't display the data.

So far I have only found a ON/OFF option but nothing between. Is there a way to control how much the notifications show?

Thanks
Vas

Last edited:

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
To my knowledge you can only block the notifications showing up in the action center when the phone is locked. Whether it is useful or not is subjective, I actually prefer seeing what a message sender is saying in the action center so I know if it's urgent for me to open the phone up and reply or I can reply to the message later.

Biotic Blue

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
In the notification setting (Settings/Notifications and actions) select the app, for example Face book and allow that to open up, ensure that the "Keep notifications private on the lock screen" is set to on and that will give a notification of a message but nothing else until you unlock your phone.
Hope that helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99