New Alcatel Idol 4S - best setup plan?

brookaveli

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
After owning a Lumia 520, 635, and 640, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a nicer phone.

I've read that I should update the OS before signing into my phone, so I skipped signing in and am applying 10.0.14393.1066 now (the version I am running on my 640). Would it be better if I flash it with the WDRT package instead?

After updating, am I safe restoring my backed up apps/data, or is there a benefit to installing them individually from the store?

Should I install all apps directly on the phone rather than on the memory card?

Any other advice you have would be appreciated!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Once I get a new phone I typically :
update first out of the box.
after update ill do a hard reset
install apps individually from the store
Directly on the phone

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
After owning a Lumia 520, 635, and 640, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a nicer phone.

I've read that I should update the OS before signing into my phone, so I skipped signing in and am applying 10.0.14393.1066 now (the version I am running on my 640). Would it be better if I flash it with the WDRT package instead?

After updating, am I safe restoring my backed up apps/data, or is there a benefit to installing them individually from the store?

Should I install all apps directly on the phone rather than on the memory card?

Any other advice you have would be appreciated!
If i were u coming from a 640 i would start fresh and not from a backup. When i did that coming from my 640 XL, it made my Idol heat up im thinking because of the Lumia apps and i can't remember what apps it was but when i started fresh it was fine

Sent from Idol 4s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs