Has the Creators update been painful for anyone else?

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am typically on board for all of these updates from MS. I fully understand why the need to push them out and why they cant have people not updating their OS on a set schedule.

That said, the Creators update has ruined a lot of what i liked about Windows 10. It takes longer to start, and when I try to log in it takes 60 seconds to show me the login screen. I can see the time and all that good stuff, but when i tap the screen or hit a key on the keyboard, it just dims the screen and churns for a minute before doing anything. Maybe thats because of the TrueKey thing that I am not even using? I dont know, but its annoying.

It also used to start a lot faster. While a reboot is still a lot faster than it was with Windows 7, it was better when I first installed Windows 10 over a year ago.

I also stopped receiving texts on my laptop. Before the update I would be able to see texts sent to my phone on my laptop. It was a nifty feature. Now I dont get them anymore. Not sure if that is a bug or if my settings were reset after the update, but it isnt ideal.

Lastly, there is a lot of churning going on. Every time i log in there are a bunch of processes running that cause my hard drive to go crazy. It takes about 15 minutes for that to stop, but during that time everything is slow. I have read about some of the processes and how to turn them off, but they arent new to the Creators update so I dont really know why the issue would happen now and not before.

I am guessing a lot of this will be resolved in future updates, but at the moment its kind of offputting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon