Horrible battery drain with 950 and CU (10.15063.251)

elangab

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Just wanted to see if it's just my device, or other have this problem. I have a horrible battery drain bug. The start menu, even when the screen is off, is sucking all of the battery. I upgraded from the AU to the CU, never had a CU before 15063.251.

Picture attached.

wp_ss_20170428_0001.jpg

Thanks!

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
My Start usage for 24 Hours is 16 %, but I wasted a long time rearranging Start screen icons and folders yesterday. So I think my percentage is normal.

For 6 Hours it is only 1 %.

shortydaniel24

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 950 had been having worse proves i can't even take my phone off the charger without it shutting down and rebooting randomly after about 5 minutes of being away from the charger. And will continue to randomly text until I plug it into the charger again

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I have similar problem science creator update high battery 🔋 drain and phone 📱 switching off at 30% battery level tried hard restart still same so trying a battery discharge app see what happens

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
A lot of people have said that the battery is the issue with the drain but I beg to differ because I'm going on to my third battery and the device is still the same with shutdowns and restarts and it's like someone here said around the 30 or so % mark. Can't be the battery as I've never had that issue before I started getting these recent updates which started at the AU and these seem to do more harm than good on some devices. Yet an argument can be made for the quality of battery bought as none are from MS directly, but it can't be a coincidence if this particular issue started after an OS update.

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 930 seems, to shut down at 40% citing low battery. I'm waiting slow drain right now to see if it still does it at 40% but it's taking forever, over 2 days and still at 52%.... Maybe it's a wrong calibration because of 950xl name registry change though. Still estimates 1day 4 hours of life left.

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I have already done this battery 🔋 drain and still shutting down at 30% in my case also once when I did tap to wake phone i had 61% battery it shut down had too do soft rest and then only had 28% left so what happened too other missing 30%
Originally posted by anthonyng
My Lumia 930 seems, to shut down at 40% citing low battery. I'm waiting slow drain right now to see if it still does it at 40% but it's taking forever, over 2 days and still at 52%.... Maybe it's a wrong calibration because of 950xl name registry change though. Still estimates 1day 4 hours of life left.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If you get battery drain after the creator update, as I did, a hard reset should solve it. Should be less of a thing in future due to the new update system included in the creators update. If you are getting reboots when below 40%/30% then it is looking like a duff battery, perhaps revealed by the extra drain caused by the creators update. A hard reset may improve things, but you need to check for the slightest sign of battery bulge because it sounds very likely that a replacement is required.

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
yes I have considered battery but I cannot find any one in uk that sell it so going too use WDRT as a last resort see what happens
Originally posted by AndyCalling
If you get battery drain after the creator update, as I did, a hard reset should solve it. Should be less of a thing in future due to the new update system included in the creators update. If you are getting reboots when below 40%/30% then it is looking like a duff battery, perhaps revealed by the extra drain caused by the creators update. A hard reset may improve things, but you need to check for the slightest sign of battery bulge because it sounds very likely that a replacement is required.

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Well have used WDRT rolled back too I think 1066 and yes it was still the same so I suppose it probably is the battery 🔋 does anyone know where I can get one from in Uk as I cant find any please

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I'M HAVING THE SAME ISSUE WITH MY 930, NOT SURE IF IT'S THE BATTERY OR THE SOFTWARE, HOW CAN I TELL?
++ MY PHONE GETS REALLY HOT WITH MINIMUM USAGE ☹
Latest CU

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb