What's Your Preferred Web Browser, & Why?

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a new web browser & would like to know what others like or would recommend from a browser. I'm currently using Chrome, but want to "Degoogle" myself. Thanks

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft Edge got a lot of improvements for the Creators Update, you could be noticing your fans kick in more often while using Edge though.

If you're just not for Edge, then perhaps you could go with Mozilla as it is a fine browser, doesn't eat as much RAM as Chrome does and it does everything as good as Chrome.

If you like experimenting, Opera Neon is a good looking browser, though I am not sure if it's going to get updates at all.

Other than that there is SRWare Iron, which is basically an open source Chrome but eats a bit less RAM.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a new web browser & would like to know what others like or would recommend from a browser. I'm currently using Chrome, but want to "Degoogle" myself. Thanks

If you provide the reasons of "degoole", then perhaps recommendations will be more relevant.
In short, what you do not like about Chrome ?

If, however, you want to switch just because you want to try something new, then it becomes a matter of personal preference.
In that case, you should try it yourself and decide for yourself.
What is one's cup of tea is not necessarily another person's cup of tea.

tonytranupg

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Currently, I'm using both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The first one for browsing daily and Firefox is for working as I familiar with its UI.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I use edge. It's quick, secure and the UI features are lovely to use (bookmarks, history, downloads are all in the same place, you can save your tab sessions, the share icon can be used to either share with others, or via hand off, share with other devices).

I used to use opera (for the speeddial, which you can somewhat get in others now, there's a similar thing in edge). Honestly I find to UI on other browsers now to be kind of a mess/awkward. Edge gets minimal perfect.

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Firefox, for two reasons: other family members are using Chrome (so to have 2 FB accouns open, 2 browsers ;) ) + FF might use a bit less memory than Chrome.
Edge is sluggish and needs better plugins (e.g. Ghostery) for ad-blocking. It can run videos better than FF on old PC though ;)

Degoogling starts with logging out of Google account :D

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I switched from Chrome to Edge when Windows 10 launched. I've seen some people express issues with Edge, but I've never had a problem.

Works perfectly for me, and I'm glad to be rid of Google Chrome.

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Edge is sluggish and needs better plugins (e.g. Ghostery) for ad-blocking. It can run videos better than FF on old PC though ;)

I have to correct myself: Ghostery is available for Edge, like uBlock Origin, install and restart Edge. Edge is OK on normal PC (though it's slow on old T5600 laptop), so I might give it a better chance ;)

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

I have to correct myself: Ghostery is available for Edge, like uBlock Origin, install and restart Edge. Edge is OK on normal PC (though it's slow on old T5600 laptop), so I might give it a better chance ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos