Find my phone not working!

bprashant19

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been having issues locating my phone using "Find my phone" in the device section of the account.

The issue is with my phone as I am able to locate my laptop.

Also I cant lock my phone or Ring it.

Can anyone confirm if they are having similar issues?

If not, I believe this might be due to me spoofing my phone to look like a 950 to get creators update. But even though I have reverted the changes after getting the update I still cant use the feature. Also in "Device info & support" the account is showing IMEI and RAM as "Unknown".

I would really appreciate if someone can help me in resolving the issue.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been having issues locating my phone using "Find my phone" in the device section of the account.

The issue is with my phone as I am able to locate my laptop.

Also I cant lock my phone or Ring it.

Can anyone confirm if they are having similar issues?

If not, I believe this might be due to me spoofing my phone to look like a 950 to get creators update. But even though I have reverted the changes after getting the update I still cant use the feature. Also in "Device info & support" the account is showing IMEI and RAM as "Unknown".

I would really appreciate if someone can help me in resolving the issue.

I can tell you this, The IMEI is the key to your problem as it is this # that Microsoft uses, but note did not create it or have much control over. The IMEI is a carrier # and only they could reset it I believe. Microsoft uses it and identifies your phone to you and your Microsoft account "find my phone" along with location. I learned all this info when I purchased a used Icon Phone and setting up my accounts all work great except "find my phone" the previous owner never took the device off his Microsoft account so I couldn't add the same # to my account. Only 1 IMEI in Microsoft world. Here the catch Microsoft needed a name to go with the # to look up the account. Verizon was able to look up the name but would not give it to me, had the Microsoft engineer and Verizon tech do a conference call two days later done. So that # that you don't have shows as unknown I think the carrier may reset but you might end up on the Anniversary build again?

bprashant19

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I can tell you this, The IMEI is the key to your problem as it is this # that Microsoft uses, but note did not create it or have much control over. The IMEI is a carrier # and only they could reset it I believe. Microsoft uses it and identifies your phone to you and your Microsoft account "find my phone" along with location. I learned all this info when I purchased a used Icon Phone and setting up my accounts all work great except "find my phone" the previous owner never took the device off his Microsoft account so I couldn't add the same # to my account. Only 1 IMEI in Microsoft world. Here the catch Microsoft needed a name to go with the # to look up the account. Verizon was able to look up the name but would not give it to me, had the Microsoft engineer and Verizon tech do a conference call two days later done. So that # that you don't have shows as unknown I think the carrier may reset but you might end up on the Anniversary build again?

Thanks for the response.

The thing is, in my phone setting->system->about the IMEI shows up perfectly; but for some reason it doesn't show up on my Microsoft account. Also just below IMEI there's IMS which is currently as "not registered". I know IMS is needed for communication, but so far I have not encountered any issues in calling or connecting to networks.

What if I remove the device and re-add it on my Microsoft account; would I loose the data?

bprashant19

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
never mind guys, it started working automatically.

dont know what caused it but now I can even ring and lock my phone remotely. nothing has changed on Microsoft account as well.

Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs