Few questions I have

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I recently had to do an clean install of Win10 because MS doesn't have a fix for the Creators Update not installing because of my SSD had a MBR and not GPT. Yes I know it's stupid to have to do a clean install to install an update.

Since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 everything was the way I had it set from 8.1. Since the clean install I have a few issue that I can't find the solution too.

First MS instead of putting my name as the user it put the first 5 letters of my email. How do I change this?

Second I'm running dual monitors. How do I "Always, Hide Labels" for the task bar on the second monitor. The main screen it's working. I would like the taskbar for the second monitor to be exactly like the main monitor.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi @JetFixxxer

for the user name, maybe you can create a local account with the desired username and then apply your microsoft account on it? Why does it matter? Maybe for your existing network resources setup?

I have 3 monitors and all three have the same task bar with always hide labels chosen so the icons are stacked.... Only thing different from main is the task notifications, inkspace and action center icon. Hmmm.. you noticed in Task bar settings that there are TWO "Always, hide labels" right? first one under Task Bar, then you have Notification area section and scroll down further you have another section, "Multiple displays" and under there, there is another Combine buttons on other taskbars "Always, hide labels"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett