Taskbar, Task Manager not working

Jason Chua

May 4, 2017
Visit site
This happened to me yesterday and I don't know what to do, my task bar is not responding. The applications that I've pinned on it isn't showing up and nothing happens no matter how I press on the task bar. The cursor is working well, I can access file explorer and copy stuffs but as soon as I right click on a folder or click open settings, it just keep loading there.

I've tried CTRL+SHIFT+ESC but my task manager isn't responding as well. So then I tried to recover the previous setting via "Open System Restore" and left it to restore but when it's done it says there that it couldn't restore it and everything is unchanged.

There's this message showing "Windows Critical Update" too when I tried to restore to the previous setting as which I chose the reset point instead of the "Critical Update"

Can anyone kindly suggest a solution to this?

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me yesterday and I don't know what to do, my task bar is not responding. The applications that I've pinned on it isn't showing up and nothing happening how ever i press on the task bar. The cursor is working well, I can access file explorer and copy stuffs but as soon as I right click on a folder or click open settings, it just keep loading there.

I've tried CTRL+SHIFT+ESC but my task manager isn't responding as well. So then I tried to recover the previous setting via "Open System Restore" and left it to restore but when it's done it says there that it couldn't restore it and everything is unchanged.

There's this message showing "Windows Critical Update" too when I tried to restore to the previous setting as which I chose the reset point instead of the "Critical Update"

Can anyone kindly suggest a solution to this?

Do a Repair install.

Use this Media Creation Tool link
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=dRREhCfR

Click the Download Tool now button and Run it.
Click Yes to confirm.
Click Create Installation media for another PC.
Select the edition, language and bit-version your computer is now using.
Select ISO file option.

That will start downloading the iso to your computer.
When download is completed, RIGHT click at the iso file > click Mount > click setup (or setup.exe)

No product key is required.
You can choose to keep your files, settings and apps.
Activation is automatic.

Jason Chua

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Do a Repair install.

Use this Media Creation Tool link
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=90i9r54_

Click the Download Tool now button and Run it.
Click Yes to confirm.
Click Create Installation media for another PC.
Select the edition, language and bit-version your computer is now using.
Select ISO file option.

That will start downloading the iso to your computer.
When download is completed, RIGHT click at the iso file > click Mount > click setup (or setup.exe)

No product key is required.
You can choose to keep your files, settings and apps.
Activation is automatic.

Sorry for the late response. I've been busy with work, anyway the suggestion that you suggested works for me! Thank you so much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs