Hi all,

I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put the laptop to sleep via the start menu, it sleeps fine.

Am I missing something obvious?
    05-08-2017 12:32 PM
    Hi all,

I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put the laptop to sleep via the start menu, it sleeps fine.

Am I missing something obvious?
    This is not a direct answer to your question.
    Instead a suggestion ....... use the "When I close the lid " option to put computer to Sleep mode.

Would you prefer that instead of pressing the power button ?
    05-08-2017 02:04 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have the laptop hooked up to my TV, sitting next to it always closed. I have a game controller that I use to control movies, etc... and ideally I just want to walk by and hit the Power button on the laptop to put it to sleep.
    05-08-2017 05:23 PM