Creators Update 15063 - Cumulative Updates master thread

chrisbedford

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Use this Media Creation Tool link :

www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Click the Update now button.

Upgrade Assistant will start checking if your computer is ready for the upgrade.
If approved, it will tell you what to do next. Just follow the prompts.

This is an upgrade install.
No product key is required.
You can keep your files, settings and apps.
Activation is automatic.

Wait! Where is this button of which you speak?

I have
- Check for updates
- Update history
- Show me how (Creators' Update) (takes you to a website)

Then under Update settings
- Change active hours
- Restart options
- Advanced options
- Learn More (about latest updates)
...this last also takes you to a website, with links to the kb articles on each of the builds mentioned right at the top of this thread.

BUT it also says that the builds "will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update". Well... I beg to differ. It goes on to say that you can go to the Update Catalog website to download the standalone installer, which is pretty much exactly what I was looking for in the first place :)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
May 25, 2017—KB4020102 (OS Build 15063.332)

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addressed issue where NTLM fails to generate a challenge response when CredGuard is enabled, NTLMv2 is used, and no target information is provided by the server.
  • Addressed issue where Internet Explorer does not respect the “Send all sites not included in the Enterprise Mode Site List to Microsoft Edge” policy when opening favorites.
  • Addressed issue in Internet Explorer 11 where a non-administrator user is not able to install an ActiveX control.
  • Addressed issue where, after starting Split View, some apps (Microsoft Edge, Hub, Cortana, etc.) no longer receive input when multiple displays are in use.
  • Addressed issue with an unnecessary scrollbar in the logon credential provider dialog, which may block use of other fields when the dialog has multiple fields.
  • Addressed issue where, during a VM reset, the VM goes into Second Level Paging (SLP) even if there is enough balancer available memory on the host.
  • Addressed issue where some non-Unicode fonts (Courier, MS Sans Serif, etc.) do not render characters correctly on non-Latin, single-byte system locales (Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, etc.). Black bars or other artifacts appear instead.
  • Addressed issue with an SMS/messaging app that stops working when attempting to delete messages.
  • Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.
  • Addressed issue where the IoT shell fails to keep monitored background applications running.
  • Addressed issue with high latency when using the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) MIDI API.
  • Addressed issue where network printers may fail to install when using the printer vendor’s setup software on machines with less than 4GB of RAM. These printers will install if you install from the Settings app or from Devices and Printer in Control Panel.
  • Addressed issue where PrintBRM fails to restore the Print Queue Configurations when printer names are identical and a port is set to FILE:.
  • Addressed issue with per user proxy settings not migrating to machine proxy settings.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing a weird issue where the command prompt keeps appearing and disappearing every once in a while since the May 25th update? There's nothing in task scheduler and event viewer doesn't seem to correlate time to anything. Only event that could be close is Audit Security login. When I'm playing games it will minimize the screen and I have to maximize again. Happens many times a day.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing a weird issue where the command prompt keeps appearing and disappearing every once in a while since the May 25th update? There's nothing in task scheduler and event viewer doesn't seem to correlate time to anything. Only event that could be close is Audit Security login. When I'm playing games it will minimize the screen and I have to maximize again. Happens many times a day.

Create another user account with exactly the same privileges.
Logon to the new account. Is the same issue persisting ?
If you have no issue with the new account, then I'd say your old account is corrupted.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
My WiFi randomly connects when I boot up, it will always connect but I have to manually select my network and click connect, even though the "automatically connect" box is selected.

Anyone with that issue?

15063.296 Dell 2in1 Windows 10 Home

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Create another user account with exactly the same privileges.
Logon to the new account. Is the same issue persisting ?
If you have no issue with the new account, then I'd say your old account is corrupted.

Not sure how a corruption could trigger some sort of application to run in the background. I haven't actually been experiencing it for a bit like it stopped *knock on wood*. My guess is post install of cumulative update there could have been some telemetry gathering for my specific configuration or who knows. Will have to keep an eye.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how a corruption could trigger some sort of application to run in the background. I haven't actually been experiencing it for a bit like it stopped *knock on wood*. My guess is post install of cumulative update there could have been some telemetry gathering for my specific configuration or who knows. Will have to keep an eye.

Did you create a new user account to test ?

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I noticed this on my computer today. I've only seen it the one time and it was a very fast flash of the command prompt. So, I don't think it's just your machine. I'll keep a look out for it.

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Did I miss something with the Creators Update changelog because I now get text messages on my SP3 as they come to my Lumia 950. This isn't through Skype either. Is this part of the "hand-off" feature or something? I thought they had killed messaging on the desktop other than through Skype.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you create a new user account to test ?

No, it went away. I wouldn't see that as a user account issue though. I do have other accounts I could have tested. A local one rather than my MS account. A corrupted account would likely present more issues than a background task running. It's quite rare for an account to become corrupted. MS troubleshooting catches it as well.

MS has so many different things in the task scheduler that going through all of them would be a pain. I'm sure there are some filters I could setup. There's also viewing running tasks which I could have left showing and refreshing.

I simply wanted to know if others were also affected by this after the update.And it appears as though someone else was too.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Did I miss something with the Creators Update changelog because I now get text messages on my SP3 as they come to my Lumia 950. This isn't through Skype either. Is this part of the "hand-off" feature or something? I thought they had killed messaging on the desktop other than through Skype.

I am not sure, but it might be the same as what this article said...................

Source
https://www.howtogeek.com/278132/whats-new-in-windows-10s-creators-update/

Published on April 11th, 2017.

except:
Notification sync also looks set for a big improvement. Not only will Cortana be able to show notifications from your phone on your desktop PC, but it will be able to go the other way. Cortana will be able to push notifications from your desktop PC to a smartphone with the Cortana app, so you can get your PC’s notifications on your phone.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
You are STILL running Win10 version 1607.

You are 4 builds behind.
After version 1607, 4 more builds were released......
Win 10 version 1703, OS Build
and currently, 15063.296

That´s a very nice info, thanks for the details. I as asking myself the same thing ;)

Cheers

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how long it will be before MS releases Windows 10 Creators Update to everyone? Its June and I still have not had the update download to my computer. Thia has to be the slowest update cycle ever.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how long it will be before MS releases Windows 10 Creators Update to everyone? Its June and I still have not had the update download to my computer. Thia has to be the slowest update cycle ever.

Why not doing a manual install of Creators Update ?

Use this Media Creation Tool :

www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Click the Update now button.
Update Assistant will start checking if your system is ready for update.
If approved, it will tell you what to do next. Follow the prompts.
It is in fact an in-place upgrade install. As such, you are allowed to keep your files, settings and apps.
No product key is required.
Activation is automatic.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
KB4022725

June 13, 2017—KB4022725 (OS Build 15063.413 and 15063.414)

Improvements and fixes
This security update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addressed issue where the user may need to press the space bar to dismiss the lock screen on a Windows 10 machine to log in, even after the logon is authenticated using a companion device.
  • Addressed issue with slow firewall operations that sometimes results in timeouts of Surface Hub's cleanup operation.
  • Addressed issue with a race condition that prevents Cortana cross-device notification reply from working; users will not be able to use the remote toast activation feature set.
  • Addressed issue where the Privacy Separator feature of a Wireless Access Point does not block communication between wireless devices on local subnets.
  • Addressed issue on the Surface Hub device where using ink may cause a break in the touch trace that could result in a break in inks from the pen.
  • Addressed issue where Internet Explorer 11 may ignore the “Send all sites not included in the Enterprise Mode Site List to Microsoft Edge” policy when opening a Favorites link.
  • Addressed additional issues with time-zone information and Internet Explorer.
  • Security updates to Windows kernel, Microsoft Windows PDF, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Uniscribe, Device Guard, Internet Explorer, Windows Shell, and Microsoft Edge. For more information about the security vulnerabilities resolved, please refer to the Security Update Guide.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
June 27, 2017—KB4022716 (OS Build 15063.447)

This non-security update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addressed an issue introduced by KB4022725 where Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge printing from a frame may result in 404 not found or blank page printed.
  • Addressed issue where network printers may fail to install when using the printer vendor’s setup software on machines with less than 4 GB of RAM. These printers will install properly if you install using the Settings app or from Devices and Printers in Control Panel.
  • Addressed issue that causes high memory usage for the Camera app on mobile platforms, which reduces battery life. Any app that uses a media capture element (MCE) or media element (ME) and plays 1080p will consume a lot of power, which will significantly reduce battery life.
  • Addressed issue where, after updating to the Creators Update, devices that have Receive Segment Coalescing (RSC) enabled have significantly low wireless throughput.
  • Addressed issue (Error 0x7F) with Windows Forms (WinForms) that causes the system to crash after upgrading to the Creators Update.
  • Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to the Terminal Services Gateway (TSG) running on Windows Server 2008 SP2 after upgrading to the Creators Update. As a result, users cannot access Remote Desktop Services or remote apps.
  • Addressed issue where, if you specify an auto-logon configuration in Unattend.xml, auto-logon only works on the first logon, but will not work again when the device is restarted.
  • Addressed issue where users cannot sign in with Face after upgrading to Windows 10 RS2.
  • Addressed issue where, after upgrading to Windows 10 RS2, modem dial-up fails with Error 633.
  • Addressed issue where the smartcard service (sccardsvr.exe) stops periodically and never restarts when the smart card application attempts to access the cards.
  • Addressed issue where, when a laptop connected to an ISCSI disk leaves the corporate network, an error may occur when it resumes if it does not connect to the VPN fast enough.
  • Addressed issue where a remote desktop connection with Windows 2016 RDS server fails authentication when using smartcards.
  • Addressed issue where Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Device Management (DM) uses the wrong interface to index the on-demand APN.
  • Addressed issue with a memory leak in the camera platform across all devices for PC (MIPI and USB cameras).
  • Addressed issue where, if the device lid close action was set to "Do Nothing", closing and re-opening the lid causes all Universal Windows Platform apps to stop responding.
  • Addressed issue with failed login scenarios that occur because the device does not reconnect to the host PC.
  • Addressed issue where users must wait between 40 to 60 minutes after a print spooler restart before attempting to change any printer settings.
  • Addressed issue where the cursor type does not maintain the arrow shape when the user mouses over a select option in Internet Explorer.
  • Addressed issue where searching for a string on a page that has many iframes causes Internet Explorer to stop working.
  • Addressed issue where Internet Explorer stops responding when a user clicks on an empty column header and then immediately holds down the SHIFT key and double clicks.
  • Addressed issue where the onhashchange event is not called when navigating hashed URLs in Internet Explorer.
  • Addressed issue to improve pairing, connecting, synchronizing, and notifications experiences for a third-party wearable device.
  • Addressed issue to improve Bluetooth connectivity to wearable devices.
  • Addressed issue where the NewWindow3 event is not called in Internet Explorer.
  • Address issue with a memory leak that occurs when calling BluetoothGATTRegisterEvent() and BluetoothGATTUnregisterEvent() functions for an NFC card reader.
  • Addressed issue where a clear (x) button inside HTML text fields cannot be disabled using the ::ms-clear attribute when Document Modes are less than 10 in Internet Explorer 11.
  • Addressed issue where Internet Explorer 11 would fail to load HTML page after installing KB3021952.
  • Addressed issue where a Windows Phone experiences data loss (email, contact, SMS, etc.) caused by Unistore database corruption.
  • Addressed issue where guest VMs bound to a wireless NIC can lose network connectivity if the guest does not send an Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) packet in the fixed timeout window (5 minutes).
  • Addressed issue where certain elements (input or select) cannot be active targets of any action in Internet Explorer 11. This occurs after removing an iframe that contained a cursor inside certain elements (input or select) and then adding a new iframe.
  • Addressed issue with NVIDIA drivers that stop working (Error 0x9f) when the system goes to sleep. This also causes a shutdown of Microsoft Surface Hubs.
  • Addressed issue to improve Remote Desktop Protocol connections to an RD Gateway configured for RPC over HTTP.
  • Addressed issue with non-UWP applications calling into Windows.Devices.Bluetooth API's to register callbacks or Async operations.
  • Addressed issue with an NFC driver that becomes non-functional because of improperly tracked timer handles.
  • Addressed issue with Centennial apps that fail if they try to use the Payment Request API.
  • Addressed issue where the Disk Cleanup and the Storage Settings tool remove files from system32 when file paths exceed the MAX_PATH size; as a result, the machine cannot be booted.
  • Addressed issue to set the default cellular data roaming setting to “Don’t roam” when upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1703.
  • Addressed a reliability issue in Windows Search.
  • Addressed issue that lead to the loss of functionality on certain third-party network adapters after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1703.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Another update

July 11, 2017—KB4025342 (OS Build 15063.483)

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

1. Addressed issue introduced by KB4022716 where Internet Explorer 11 may close unexpectedly when you visit some websites.
  2. Addressed issue to improve MediaCreationTool.exe support for Setup Tourniquet scenarios.
  3. Addressed issue with CoreMessaging.dll that may cause 32-bit apps to crash on the 64-bit version of the Windows OS.
  4. Addressed an issue where Visual Studio or a WPF application may terminate unexpectedly (stops responding, followed by a crash) when running on a pen and/or touch enabled machine with Windows 10 Creators Update.
  5. Addressed issue that causes the system to crash when certain USB devices are unplugged while the system is asleep.
  6. Addressed issues with screen orientation that stops working after lid close and lid open transitions.
  7. Addressed issue that causes .jpx and .jbig2 images to stop rendering in PDF files.
  8. Addressed issue where users could not elevate to Administrator through the User Account Control (UAC) dialog when using a smart card.
  9. Addressed issue where input using the Korean handwriting feature dropped the last character of a word or moved it to the next line incorrectly.
  10. Addressed issue with a race condition between the App-V Catalog Manager and the Profile Roaming Service. A new registry key is available to control the waiting period for App-V Catalog Manager, which allows any third-party Profile Roaming Service to complete.
  11. Security updates to Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Windows Search, Windows kernel, Windows shell, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Virtualization, Datacenter Networking, Windows Server, Windows Storage and File Systems, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, ASP.NET, Microsoft PowerShell, and the .NET Framework.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12