Microsoft's next mobile strategy is to make iOS and Android better

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Oh the doom and gloom!
Sorry, I chose to be positive about all the things MS is doing. Mobile will have its time. Sit back, have a beer, and enjoy the ride.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
As long they keep WM10 supported until at least WOA is available on a mobile device. This new strategy at getting world's smartphone users to use MS apps strategy is worth a try. The old way of trying to win over new WM buyers didn't work. Look how badly the sales were, and now the failed kickstarter of NuAns or WB. People don't want to switch, at least not yet. Once people's devices are infiltrated by MS apps, then switching to an eventual MS mobile device will become easier. If not that. At least they will continue to buy Win10 PCs or tablets.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
As long they keep WM10 supported until at least WOA is available on a mobile device. This new strategy at getting world's smartphone users to use MS apps strategy is worth a try. The old way of trying to win over new WM buyers didn't work. Look how badly the sales were, and now the failed kickstarter of NuAns or WB. People don't want to switch, at least not yet. Once people's devices are infiltrated by MS apps, then switching to an eventual MS mobile device will become easier. If not that. At least they will continue to buy Win10 PCs or tablets.

Exactly this. Its a smart strategy that will build a large customer base for generations to come.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Nobody will switch over because of Microsofts apps. They all work better on android and iPhone than they do on Windows 10 Mobile. Even if they did switch the store and lack of apps will run them away.

Windows 10 on arm won't change the fact the store is lacking

Sent from Idol 4s

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
They will come back they always come back i'll give them 2 to 3 years for their come back
Microsoft has been trying to get right since they put the marketplace store in Windows mobile 6.5, and when they started over in 2010. Every since then its been give them a few years....its almost been 10 years now how much time are you going to wait around on them?

Sent from Idol 4s

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has been trying to get right since they put the marketplace store in Windows mobile 6.5, and when they started over in 2010. Every since then its been give them a few years....its almost been 10 years now how much time are you going to wait around on them?

Sent from Idol 4s
Im not in rush I moved to android a year ago and I will move to ios next year so until Microsoft decide to come back I will keep jumping from one os to another I learned my lesson im never going to stick with one os again

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Im not in rush I moved to android a year ago and I will move to ios next year so until Microsoft decide to come back I will keep jumping from one os to another I learned my lesson im never going to stick with one os again
What was wrong with android

Sent from Idol 4s

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
What was wrong with android

Sent from Idol 4s
Updates it takes too long to get updates unless you have a pexel. Second, you have a problem of two years only Updates theird Google does not support every one equally with services apple does much better job

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Development continues on windows 10 mobile (despite being temporarily feature2 because of the onecore work), and have just been informed these FDS changes rolled last nite on the fast insiders ring for win 10 mobile last night:

Films & TV on windows 10 mobile:
View attachment 135683

Groove Music on windows 10 mobile:
View attachment 135684

I do hope some folks here admit they were wrong, when win10 mobile is taken back into the main branch. I would happily in the IMO quite unlikely event I am.

Last edited:

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Microsofts strategy is to conquer all platforms. The term "mobile" needs to drop from This forums vocabulary, period. It's dead. It will be a singular OS that's CAPABLE to run on a mobile device with an 835+ processor. It's coming. HP is all in and I bet anything they will drop the X3 successor in the fall running the pre form of 10 on ARM with full come the spring update. Either way, ya mobile is dead. I repeat, for the umpteenth time, it's not called Windows 10 Tablet on the Surface. With iTunes coming to the store, IMO, the future is bright for any mobile device hopes. Better than it's been being that we KNOW what is current is no more. Thus the phones we have being obsolete pretty quick. Especially once they "recombine" the fast ring builds, there will be more phones cut.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Nobody will switch over because of Microsofts apps. They all work better on android and iPhone than they do on Windows 10 Mobile. Even if they did switch the store and lack of apps will run them away.

Windows 10 on arm won't change the fact the store is lacking

Sent from Idol 4s

They'll come back because of the hardware. Being used to the apps (Office, etc.) will make it easier.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
They'll come back because of the hardware. Being used to the apps (Office, etc.) will make it easier.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

The apps will come alone with WoA on the tablet/laptop/hybrid and windows s on the same. These are the bridge because they can handle centennial and win32, and yet benefit from further UWP development.

There's no point in pumping any signigficant cash into windows 10 mobile until both those are in place. Then when the app system is healthy enough, a Microsoft made phone is viable.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I believe there are no more loyal a fan, than a Windows fan....we have less apps by far; things have been less than perfect for a least a couple of years. Only after a number of W10 fans were convienced that the platform was going to be abandoned did they look for another option, but will more than likely return immediately if given any clear sign of a future. I believe we are the most loyal of fan because despite all the adversities, we still choose, to choose Windows...Microsoft has probably realized that if they can find a way to expose the platform to more people, they will inevitably gain more fans...

We surely don't use Windows because it's the 'popular' thing to do, we use it because what it does offer, supersedes all the benefits offer by the other platforms. If the general population is exposed to the platform AND can keep their apps, I believe there will be a significant increase in Windows user...so, therefore I applaud the steps Microsoft is taking. I do wish they would hurry (the suspense is killing me), AND I would suggest that they (Microsoft), remember their loyal fans with a "fan appreciation" discount on a new device...say 20%, or more.😉

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Has this even been confirmed yet? How can u remember something that's never been confirmed

Sent from Idol 4s

It's sort of obvious, although its doubtful to come any time soon. Gotta build up those apps first. Plus they'll need some killer catergory defining hardware. Reckon myself cshell will come to the whole windows platform long before MS release a new phone.

In fact cshell would make A LOT of sense to release across platforms with windows on arm on tablets late this year (and thus the fall CU), so they can better handle smaller FFers, like 8-9 inch.

That smaller tablet size is pretty important when your are bringing always connected, and telephony as features. And currently anything smaller than about 8.9 inches is a bit fiddly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa