Bugs since Creators Update

user4545

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Terrible terrible scrooling speed in Edge on L950 aswell as constant freezes. Can't understand WinCentral doesn't write about this, or are they all using iPhones?

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Most of bugs is in the Edge Browser.

Yep.

W10m users rely on the browser more than most due to the lack of apps, so it’s incredulous that the Creators Update has made Edge worse.
The browser occasionally freezes & vibrates (home button press type).
Generally, since the Creators Update, my 950xl feels like it’s struggling a bit and more battery hungry than ever.
If I were conspiracy minded, I’d think the Creators Update has purposely made things worse to give us the hint that it’s time to move to iOS or Droid.
But just as well I don’t believe in such nonsense…

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Sounds horrible. This, my friends, is why I stay on 8.1 - if I wanted lagdroid, I would get one. Many options for that on Verizon. Typing from my Nokia Lumia Icon.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Yep.

W10m users rely on the browser more than most due to the lack of apps, so it’s incredulous that the Creators Update has made Edge worse.
The browser occasionally freezes & vibrates (home button press type).
Generally, since the Creators Update, my 950xl feels like it’s struggling a bit and more battery hungry than ever.
If I were conspiracy minded, I’d think the Creators Update has purposely made things worse to give us the hint that it’s time to move to iOS or Droid.
But just as well I don’t believe in such nonsense…

Same here. I'm on the road this week and battery life has taken a dump (and this is despite the larger capacity battery I had do get to replace the original that was causing unending issues, but that's a whole other story)! This morning it was down 20 percent after two untouched hours IN MY POCKET. Performance is likewise poor, with it lagging, not multitasking well and even kicking up the "Resuming..." animation when going to the start menu. I just don't get it... HOW DOES IT GET WORSE AFTER UPDATES?!

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
LOL.... a true Believer here. :grin: Got my 5 year old device Lumia 920 rocking for games and music only

Does all I need, has a great camera, and has the few apps I use (including HERE Transit and Waze, which works fine for spoken directions without street names). Stable, fast, fluid, beautiful hardware, and colorful - I put an orange back on it! Isn't this why we loved Windows Phone?

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 -- Edge does not open at all (immediately closes). Offline maps no longer work. Press-and-hold on the Wifi tile no longer brings up wifi settings. God only knows what else.

I'm gonna try a hard reset soon.

Fixing bugs with a "hard reset" is just another sign how buggy and badly programmed the whole W10M is. And then hours of fiddling to restore your phone.

But it's your only chance to get it running again. Bad user experience and not for common folks.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Fixing bugs with a "hard reset" is just another sign how buggy and badly programmed the whole W10M is. And then hours of fiddling to restore your phone.

But it's your only chance to get it running again. Bad user experience and not for common folks.

I couldn't agree more. It shouldn't be this hard.

The situation hurts because WP7 and particularly WP8.1 we're SOOOOOOOO FREAKING GOOD!!! Devices running these operating systems were blazing fast, reliable, beautiful and -- in some important ways -- BETTER than iOS and Android. Then Microsoft gives us this garbage...

Henry Linc

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
* Glance screen didn't work sometimes, when I hover my phone. Had to restart the phone to fix it. Then it happen again

* In Camera app, when I tap the preview photo button on bottom, it shows blank image, and sometimes crashes the entire app.

* Windows Hello can't detect my eyes, and it happen frequently. There was time when I pressed the power button, the Windows Hello immediately shows "Couldn't recognized...". It keeps happening until I restart the phone.

* The WiFi issues still not fixed, where my Lumia 950 will make the modem/router lost Internet Connectivity.

* Still, lag/Frame rate drop during animation (like swiping from start screen to All Apps, animation during opening and closing apps)

*Microsoft Edge still keep freezing, displaying white page after its finished load the page.

I have restarted my phone 6 times just to fix the problems, and I'm just a week after the Creators Update.

abhiFT

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
The camera is still not fixed. Broken HDR. Too many crashes. Poor picture quality. Microsoft is doing ****. Aren't updates are given to improve things? WTF MICROSOFT 😡😡

boky69

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 950 single sim
File associated with .pdf not work.
Default open .pdf only with edge.
C'ant choose other apps for default.

Ingrid Willekens

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one that experiences way more bugs then before the Creators Update?

From the top of my head:
  • Glance Screen no longer gets updated while charging
  • Bluetooth is a mess, stuttering while playing music (seems like packet loss or uninitialized memory), unable to reconnect without rebooting
  • When opening a new Edge the first website gets locked up - zoomed correctly, interactions are not possible -, the tab must be closed => a new tab then works...

Running 10.0.15063.297 on a Lumia 950XL...

Ingrid Willekens

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one that experiences way more bugs then before the Creators Update?

From the top of my head:
  • Glance Screen no longer gets updated while charging
  • Bluetooth is a mess, stuttering while playing music (seems like packet loss or uninitialized memory), unable to reconnect without rebooting
  • When opening a new Edge the first website gets locked up - zoomed correctly, interactions are not possible -, the tab must be closed => a new tab then works...

Running 10.0.15063.297 on a Lumia 950XL...

Same here with my 950. I experienced a range of problems from apps crashing, apps not working the way they should, to the phone itself freezing up. I got so tired of it that I decided to do a factory reset. After installing everything again, I've noticed some new features that weren't there before. One app (which I don't really need) refuses to install although it gave no problems before. But my 950 is working normal again. Think the issue is not the Creators update itself but the installation process.

alex mcintyre

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
950xl has been shocking since the CU. Edge is an absolute steaming pile of dog poo. It is forever locking up frozen for an eternity and soft reset needed to continue. Glance doesn't update while charging so defeats the purpose of a glance screen through the night. Honestly I have had more soft resets since CU than I have had the whole time since getting the 950xl in 2015 when it came out.
Ran WDRT the other day and started fresh, phone updates back to CU overnight still having these things happen. Believe it's worse when battery saver kicks in. This really needs sorted.

Ingrid Willekens

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to hear that it didn't do the trick for you. My 950 is still running without problems. And with the CU installed again. Even got that one app installed after all.

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Glance screen didn't work sometimes, when I hover my phone. Had to restart the phone to fix it. Then it happen again

Hi, where is the setting to enable/disable the 'hover' function located? (I am assuming you are referring to the ability to view the glance screen by passing your hand over the sensor or when removing phone from pocket/bag).

Since the update I cannot find this setting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99