Must have apps for windows 10 mobile

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I've just pulled the trigger on a 950. Got a BT keyboard and mouse and miracast to try that all out.

I'm very familiar with most of the windows store because I'm an avid tablet user. I've got some 27 apps and games I want to install already XD

It seems like the windows 8 stuff, and some windows mobile stuff is hidden from the user on desktop/tablet. Like you can find it via a web search, but not via the store itself on desktop.

I'd like to know what mobile specific apps, you advise I look into when I set up my phone. Stuff I might not know about coming from desktop/tablet.

Or even just anything you find super handy.

Figured I'd get more help from you guys here, than the front page, seeing as all they talk about is people leaving the platform, which ain't much help XD I'm all in on MS services, I use Cortana, edge, outlook, and office.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
For example - best photo filter app?

Anything like uber, or airbnb?

Runtastic like apps?

Whatapp and similar?

Best car navigation apps?

I think I'll have more apps on my 950 than my old phone already, but install and setup, in the honeymoon period is part of the fun :)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I had around 80+, if not 100+ (can't remember anymore) apps installed on my Lumia 1020 - my last Windows Phone - all of which had a particular relevance to me. Here are some apps you may want to look into (I'll try to fetch as much as I can from my organic memory):

Photo and Imaging:
- ProShot
- Adobe Photoshop
- Touch Retouch (or just Retouch)
- 123D Catch

Messaging:
- Signal
- Telegram
- (then there's Viber, Skype, Line, WhatsApp...)

Navigation and Transportation:
- Waze
- Uber
- Grab
- Glympse
- Flightradar24

Weather: (I have more under this category than any other category, but I'll just mention the best apps)
- WeatherPro (MeteoGroup)
- Wunderground
- TheWeatherChannel
- Accuweather
- Prognoza
- MoWeather
- RainAlarm

Education and Languages:
- Bing Translator
- Translate (translate.com)
- DuoLingo
- Wikipedia
- WolframAlpha
- OpenCourse

News (well, the generic CNN, BBC, Fox...)

Productivity:
- TeamViewer
- Wunderlist
- Evernote
- ShareIt

Utilities:
- TunnelBear
- TrueCaller

Miscellaneous:
- StarChart
- Google Authenticator
- LiveATC

That's about it. I'm tempted to go back to the Weather category and add some more, but I think those apps would cover most of your needs already.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend MyRadar Ad-Free. Gorgeous HD radar and has been well maintained by the author on Win10M. I also have it on my android and iPhone.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
For serious Photo editing, its Fantasia Painter. It goes beyond run-of-the-mill filter-based apps.

Instagram is there, but I still prefer 6tag, for dark theme, simplicity and familiarity

You're very active on WC forum, so check out mTalk, if its still available in the store.

Productivity apps:-
OfficeLens for document scanning. It's available on other OS but its way better on W10

Office365, and getting 1TG on OneDrive.

... !!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
For serious Photo editing, its Fantasia Painter. It goes beyond run-of-the-mill filter-based apps.

Instagram is there, but I still prefer 6tag, for dark theme, simplicity and familiarity

You're very active on WC forum, so check out mTalk, if its still available in the store.

Productivity apps:-
OfficeLens for document scanning. It's available on other OS but its way better on W10

Office365, and getting 1TG on OneDrive.

... !!

Oh office lens, yes, great idea (I'm trying to start a small business and those receipts, damn they are annoying)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Jack of tools/ Jack of tools Pro
Fhotoroom
Fantasia painter
Hyperlapse mobile
Airstem
Stop the music(necessity)

Jack of tools, that's a good one.

And some more intriguing photo editors :)

This great guys, I'll have like 40-50 apps and games from the get go, and have sooo many bases covered :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb