Glaring disappointment after Creators Update

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
...all 3 of my devices (950/XL and Idol 4s) have been updated and hard reset ... no backup ... start fresh.

'Hey Cortana' no longer responds on any of these devices when connected via Bluetooth in my car. My favorite hands-free commands to send texts, make calls.

No more "Hey Cortana --- send a message." .... "Hey Cortana, call so and so" .... "Hey Cortana, navigate to such and such place."

'Hey Cortana' works great otherwise ... just not in the way I used it the most. .... :eck:

Last edited:

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
...all 3 of my devices (950/XL and Idol 4s) have been updated and hard reset ... no backup ... start fresh.

'Hey Cortana' no longer responds when connected via Bluetooth in my car. My favorite hands-free commands to send texts, make calls.

No more "Hey Cortana --- send a message." .... "Hey Cortana, call so and so" .... "Hey Cortana, navigate to such and such place."

'Hey Cortana' works great otherwise ... just not in the way I used it the most. .... :eck:
I'm disappointed too - especially since CU was touted as sporting an improved Cortana. Functionality has definitely been degraded on my 640.

I really like WM10, but sometimes I have to scratch my head and wonder what the folks at MS are really up to.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had problems with Cortana in the past, suddenly not doing things that she used to be able to do. And then just as suddenly, it would start working again. Since I know she depends upon a server-side connection, I suspect Microsoft has changed something on their end. So be hopeful that it comes back in a day or two.

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone -

My 950Xl stopped voice navigation and other Cortana interactions in my 2012 Ford Escape a few builds ago. After some playing around, most of my interactions work again. The main thing I needed to do was located on the Bluetooth and other devices page. I needed to check the box in front of "For all Bluetooth audio devices.......
Hey Cortana is still hit and miss, but if it doesn't work I ask the car to call Cortana and go from there.

Randy

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone -

My 950Xl stopped voice navigation and other Cortana interactions in my 2012 Ford Escape a few builds ago. After some playing around, most of my interactions work again. The main thing I needed to do was located on the Bluetooth and other devices page. I needed to check the box in front of "For all Bluetooth audio devices.......
Hey Cortana is still hit and miss, but if it doesn't work I ask the car to call Cortana and go from there.

Randy

I have a 2013 Focus ST and never had an issue with voice navigation. Everything worked great. The only issue now is Hey Cortana. I'll try checking that box to see if it will make a difference. Thanks for posting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro