W10m notifications

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
This is one of the things that really really annoys me in w10m. I'm constantly losing conversations with friends because of this, so many times i don't have a any notification or any status on my 'live tiles' and yet I open the messenger app ou the sms app and I had received some msg/sms. Is this a problem of the app or OS it self? Some times even after a soft reset the problem remains. If w10m as we know it is going to die is a shame that il will die without ever had a 100% funcional notifications. If w10m will be replaced any time for W10 the problem remains because my windows 10 have the same problem. Is that hard to Microsoft solve this? Now i know a can't really rely on the notifications so ha have to check my self from time to time. I don't wanna change to Android oe IOS, i love the w10m interface, that home screen is still miles ahead of what android and IOS offer, i gonna hold my 950 xl as long as i can, but seeing no plan for consumer market from MS makes me sad.

Last edited:

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
This is one of the things that really really annoys me in w10m. I'm constantly losing conversations with friends because of this, so many times i don't have a any notification or any status on my 'live tiles' and yet I open the messenger app ou the sms app and I had received some msg/sms. Is this a problem of the app or OS it self? Some times even after a soft reset the problem remains. If w10m as we know it is going to die is a shame that il will die without ever had a 100% funcional notifications. If w10m will be replaced any time for W10 the problem remains because my windows 10 have the same problem. Is that hard to Microsoft solve this? Now i know a can't really rely on the notifications so ha have to check my self from time to time. I don't wanna change to Android oe IOS, i love the w10m interface, that home screen is still miles ahead of what android and IOS offer, i gonna hold my 950 xl as long as i can, but seeing no plan for consumer market from MS makes me sad.
See background task is on and update your app if available for that

Sent from mTalk

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Yup, many users are too zealous in an attempt to save battery 🔋 life, they turn off too many background tasks without realizing the consequences.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, many users are too zealous in an attempt to save battery ������ life, they turn off too many background tasks without realizing the consequences.

both app are allowed to run in background and updated to latest version and phone running latest insider fast build. This is not a recent problem, that always has been a problem with W10m.

snikito

May 20, 2017
Visit site
This has never happened to me in the SMS app. It has happened in the Messenger app but Messenger is disfunctional on W10M so it doesn't suprise me.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I dont trust notifications on wm. Even on WhatsApp dont always get a notification msg. Ofcourse its lot better then what it used to be during wp7.5 8 days.

THEbonecrusher

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have a large Microsoft Messenging live tile pinned to my start screen, set the lock screen to display “Messaging” quick status, and set lock screen to display “Messaging” detailed status. Background for Messaging is turned on.

The live tile and lock screen does not display the number of unread messages, and lock screen does not display any detailed status.

Phone: Lumia 950
Carrier: ATT

Last edited:

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
There you go... insider.....

No problems with notifications here, on my 950XL, running 15063.297. Production build!....

I'm sorry but that is not the explanation. I'm with WP since Omnia 7, Lumia 625, 630,640,925,930,950 Xl, so WP7, 7.8, 8, 8.1, W10m, and not always a insider and always the same problem, no reliable notifications.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm sorry but that is not the explanation. I'm with WP since Omnia 7, Lumia 625, 630,640,925,930,950 Xl, so WP7, 7.8, 8, 8.1, W10m, and not always a insider and always the same problem, no reliable notifications.

Have you had different carriers with all of those or the same one?

Charis Ntouroutlis

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
It may be OS' issue but app's issue too. Especially the Viber. I miss some notifications from this app and I'm not the only one using Windows 10 Mobile. My brother's Android and friend's iPhone aren't both receiving all notifications from this app.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you had different carriers with all of those or the same one?

Always the same carriers with the same phone number but diferente sim cards, if there's any relations between this and the sms notifications it doesn't have nothing to do with the notifications from the others apps.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Notifications work on WP. Just because you're having a problem doesn't mean everyone does.
True, but after several devices and a few OS and updates I always get to the same conclusion that overall notifications aren't reliable, sometimes they are late and other times you don't get them at all, so its have to be some OS problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss