MS account site down

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Anybody else have problems accessing "account.microsoft.com"? Have not been able to log into my account there all day. Just get a blank page after entering the url.

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
accounts.microsoft.com does work indeed. The shortcut " account.microsoft.com" is the one I always used and has been on my desktop for more then a year and was created using the "pin this page to desktop" feature. MS must have made a change somewhere. Thank you.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I have this habit of creating shortcuts on my desktop. I have a LOT of them.

I would open the MS account web page > right click inside the page > click Create shortcut.
That will be my MS Account shortcut icon on desktop.

MS Acct. shortcut.jpg

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Exactly what I did. But sometime yesterday morning MS changed the address from account.microsoft.com to accountS.microsoft.com making the first shortcut inoperable. Last night they corrected it and removed the extra "S". I have a zillion shortcuts as well. The new feature where you can group the icons in folders like in WM is very helpful. Just wished I could assign a name to these groups like I can on WM.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Would you mind elaborate ?

What you could do in WM that you cannot do in this case ?

You can name Live Folders in Windows 10 Mobile, but you are unable to name Live Folders in Windows 10 on PC's and tablets. Considering that Live Folders was just introduced to PC's with the Creator Update, I'm not surprised something was left out.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if the following is acceptable to what you are looking to achieve............

I grouped 2 live tiles into one and gave it a name "Tiny Troopers"

Live Tile.... name.jpg

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
The problem with that is that groups created that way use up a lot of desktop real estate. The new way (old in the case of WM) makes it possible to group several small group tiles on the same line. I can put 6 titled group tiles on one line on my Lumia 830 desktop and only 2 on my X360 convertible.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
OK. I see.
Maybe you should post your comment/request to Microsoft via Feedback Hub.
If there are enough "votes", MS might give it a look through.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3