What the heck is 16212.1000.rs_iot.170531-1800 (UUP-CTv2)

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Zachary Boddy
Originally Posted by zocster
I WDRT too. Latest build on fast ring is 15063, 15215 is no where to be found, it keeps on pushing this build on the title down my throat! All 3 of them were up for grabs, mobile, xbox and pc. What's up with that??

I had to do a factory reset on 15063 and hold off any insiders build. Thanks Microsoft.

We all took that risk when we joined the Insider Program. We all clicked "I Accept." Even the Release Preview ring has its risks. That's why I believe Microsoft should've done a slightly better job making sure only the tech savvy are considering the Insider Program. I'm just glad I didn't just install it because I assumed "oh it's just a Release Preview thing it should be safe." I'm also glad I'm familiar with how Windows Update works and was able to pause the update on all three of my devices (at least, the three that are actually turned on) immediately after discovering the nature of this update. Hopefully, Microsoft should shut this thing down within 24 hours and be working on repairs immediately after that.

Ah, cool and dandy, the excuse for every possible mistake. But do not forget that one build should be first tested internally, then in Fast, Slow and at last in the Preview ring. But by your logic everything is golden at any possible time; this attitude is quite trendy to argue that one side is unable to do something wrong when someone else from another side dares to criticize this one side.

Tony Saragosa

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Having an issue here, and seeing the posts of recent 16212 build.
I am on release preview, and i am seeing 16212.1000.rs.devices.170531-1700,
16212.100.rs_xbox 170531-1534 (listed twice), right now they have not downloaded, they are waiting for me to plug my phone in,
now i want to make sure they don't download, but when i go into insider program, to stop receiving builds, and go to pause, the pause is greyed out.
I've restarted my phone, forced restart, and i can't shake these updates out.
I don't want to have to factory reset my phone, just did that a few weeks ago to do a spring cleaning. just to shake these updates off. other then shutting off my wifi.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
It is being offered on non insiders also, apparently, I am not sure, I am still re installing production build now. Something for sure is broken.

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
It's safe to say that this is probably the final nail in the coffin for Windows Phones. For the few remaining users left, I'd imagine that most of them are going to switch to iOS or Android and set up a new phone instead of setting up their substandard Windows phones all over again with the WDRT.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
868a39d637966bbc2ef34377d397d6c7.png

And I just got this lol

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If all Windows phones that install this fail to boot with soft bricking, then some here may be right and someone single handedly killed more than half the Windows 10 mobile users out there (figuratively speaking of course). If you have a 950 or 950XL and it is soft bricked, WDRT has emergency files that can recover those. The 650 I have never found emergency files for it.

Moises Juan

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
The question here is: How do we shake these updates off when the phone tells you a restart is needed? I pushed the restart one week from now but I can't be doing that forever, aint I?

mythos13

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine was in the endless reboot too and I lost my USB-C cable. I don't why I left myself on the fast ring when I was just hoping to nurse my 950 XL along until the iPhone 8 is released. I guess I'll have to decide on a USB-C cable or iPhone 7

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The question here is: How do we shake these updates off when the phone tells you a restart is needed? I pushed the restart one week from now but I can't be doing that forever, aint I?

While booted in the OS connect to WDRT and reset the phone from there. Only choice you really have. If WDRT can reset it then you just update back to where you need to be. The problem then is when does Microsoft feel the bonker OTA updates are fixed. That is the good part about the Lumias using the Lumia boot manager and flashapp to flash the phone.

fishsniffer2

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
HELP!!!!!Both my Alcatel 4s are now bricked after this update installed with no way to restore. WDRT does not recognize either phone so it will not flash to restore, This is regular update as I have not activatet Windows I sider of either phone???? I just got these two phone a couple of weeks ago !What now Microsoft???

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
HELP!!!!!Both my Alcatel 4s are now bricked after this update installed with no way to restore. WDRT does not recognize either phone so it will not flash to restore, This is regular update as I have not activatet Windows I sider of either phone???? I just got these two phone a couple of weeks ago !What now Microsoft???

If they were the factory unlocked models, then you are up a creek...

Antchexec

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
We all took that risk when we joined the Insider Program. We all clicked "I Accept." Even the Release Preview ring has its risks. That's why I believe Microsoft should've done a slightly better job making sure only the tech savvy are considering the Insider Program. I'm just glad I didn't just install it because I assumed "oh it's just a Release Preview thing it should be safe." I'm also glad I'm familiar with how Windows Update works and was able to pause the update on all three of my devices (at least, the three that are actually turned on) immediately after discovering the nature of this update. Hopefully, Microsoft should shut this thing down within 24 hours and be working on repairs immediately after that.

I hear what you're saying - much of it is true - however, Release Preview insiders should not be getting 16212.1000. Moreover, the 'iot' in the middle implies this is for 'internet of things' rather than mobiles; though I'm just speculating, there. Either way, and notwithstanding all the caveats associated with being an insider, I really don't think it's fair to say one should have been prepared for such an unmitigated disaster. Bad and faulty operating systems, yes; but entirely the wrong updates for a device, and/or an OS that bricks any and every phone it touches... seriously?

fishsniffer2

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
HELP!!!!!Both my Alcatel 4s are now bricked after this update installed with no way to restore. WDRT does not recognize either phone so it will not flash to restore, This is regular update as I have not activated Windows In sider of either phone???? I just got these two phone a couple of weeks ago !What now Microsoft???

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
HELP!!!!!Both my Alcatel 4s are now bricked after this update installed with no way to restore. WDRT does not recognize either phone so it will not flash to restore, This is regular update as I have not activated Windows In sider of either phone???? I just got these two phone a couple of weeks ago !What now Microsoft???

Can you at least get to the lightning bolt screen?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Can you at least get to the lightning bolt screen?
The issue on the IDOL4s if you own the open market model is that the FFU (Flash ROM) for the open market model has been broken since it got published. Nobody can flash it to their open market IDOL4s. Long story but you can find more info on it in the IDOL4s forums.

If you cannot get to the lightning bolt screen and it is a T-Mobile model, just call Alcatel tomorrow (Alcatel SUPPORT #: 855-368-0829) and open a ticket. If you have the Open market model you should just call Alcatel Support since there is no use trying to flash those models it seems with the FFU that won't work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion