What the heck is 16212.1000.rs_iot.170531-1800 (UUP-CTv2)

Steven Jepson

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, WMDT (sp?) worked, and I was able to get things back up to speed - sort of. I lost Windows Hello (due to the front camera issue, I guess), and it's taking a while to get things working. At least I'm up...

I'm hoping MS sends out patches to those who don't have the 950 and are now ditching the OS.

And here's a thought - while they're at it, they need to realize that if they're thinking of transforming WM 10 (or whatever it's called these days) into a business tool, they should know that Skype (as a business tool) would require the front camera to work. Then they'd put out a patch or fix for the front camera issue!!!

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft did issue an emergency patch for the IDOL4s it would not be for the phone but rather to patch the WDRT so that it can flash the Open Market device properly. On the other hand Alcatel could release a FW patch that could save the phone if it has not already been rebooted and in a boot loop.... Are you using the T-Mobil variant or Unlocked Open market model? Either way it sounds like you are best off contacting Alcatel at this point as I mentioned before.

This is a known issue with the FFU available for the open market idol 4s, but nobody either at MS or Alcatel seem to be in a hurry to fix the problem, the device id's do not match between the ffu and the device so you will receive an error after you power off and go into flash mode. If your phone is bricked from this internal build ******* it up you can flash the tmobile FFU.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
If Microsoft did issue an emergency patch for the IDOL4s it would not be for the phone but rather to patch the WDRT so that it can flash the Open Market device properly. On the other hand Alcatel could release a FW patch that could save the phone if it has not already been rebooted and in a boot loop.... Are you using the T-Mobil variant or Unlocked Open market model? Either way it sounds like you are best off contacting Alcatel at this point as I mentioned before.

This is a known issue with the FFU available for the open market idol 4s, but nobody either at MS or Alcatel seem to be in a hurry to fix the problem, the device id's do not match between the ffu and the device so you will receive an error after you power off and go into flash mode. If your phone is bricked from this internal build ******* it up you can flash the tmobile FFU.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
They all must use WC.

They are not even able to pull that crap immediately. And the Twitter girl claims only 20 people affected.

It is like the shuttle crawler-transporter. Huge operation Microsoft is...and it takes time to first recongnize the problem. Then contact the right people to correct it. Then initiate the corrective action....30 min is a good turnaround for most operations, but considering the cutomer facing scrutiny Microsoft will get now, it would not matter if were only 20 people who got the bunk builds or 20000.

Last edited by a moderator:

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
They are not even able to pull that crap immediately. And the Twitter girl claims only 20 people affected.

What a load of rubbish. My Mum came around this morning "my phone is broken!". Yep appears to have updated itself overnight, and this morning it won't boot past the Microsoft Logo...

She's using a Lumia 650, not an insider.

ghce

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
WTF, 20 people my ar*e, was waiting for my wife to respond to me on WeChat at midnight last night only to find that my phone had bricked itself due to this new FU from Microsoft.
Took me several hours to get the phone running again using the WDRT . Even the godd@med MS cloud based back up file for my phone wouldn't work correctly so I had to waste even more hours getting the start screen to be populated. MS at this point is a total joke! How does the rest of the non technical world hope to get the potential hundreds of thousands of phones un-bricked. Hopefully someone will sue their dam ars*es over this monumental **** up.

A suitable tag for this is how to commercially destroy a product with the push of a button.

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 650 awakes me each morning almost.
Since I gave up on Android I have more late days then anyone in the plant.
Friday morning I slept in.
Checking my phone I was greeted with the Microsoft Logo.
Thinking I hit the power on button maybe its in normal boot mode.
No no, no no it was stuck in boot mode even after going through all the battery pulling and reset attempts.
I could not even phone work to supply an excuse.
They are all Android fans with one Blackberry d ick up in the office.
Online search revealed it was a release error and the one and only solution was the Windows Device Recovery Tool.
The WDRT had my Lumia 650 working again surprising quick.

The worse part is re downloading apps and re arranging everything back to normal.
The best part about being on the Creators update is no need to go through all that so often.
My gf says I have OCD each time she sees me dragging my tiles around and around again. I think I'm done now...just one tile does not match the one that matches the background transparency that makes the Outlook tile look like the Calendar tile when the yellow Weather Network App tile is in the centre of it all.

I quit & re join the Windows Insider program probably to many times to the point I forget if I'm an Insider or not so duh not sure what release I was on when it happened.

Last edited:

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
@Snoke, please go the link provided by @Antchexec : https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...nal-release-builds-today/#mPT1uD5ocSdYogBe.97. Be sure to do a back up "NOW" so you are as protected as possible. I too have my 950XL on pause for a week, so the update doesn't finish the update, and will give it that week to see if MSFT will come up with a Delete & Replace option.

I got caught out by this too. And my backup, which was made the same day, was corrupt or something and useless. Sucks.

TechJunkie81

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Woke up to my Lumia 1520 being a brick because of this. WDRT took care of it.

Haven't put Win 10 Mobile back on it yet. I find myself missing the smoothness of WP 8.1.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Just adding, I thought OneDrive use to save multiple backups of mobile devices. Now it only seems to save the most recent, which in my case was bogus so I lost everything. If we could keep more than one, I wouldn't be so annoyed.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Took the better part of 2 full days on my Lumia 950xl:
  • Downloading the boot_loader
  • Installing
  • Upgrading to current release @ 3 downloads
  • Hard Reset
  • Sign In, apply backup.
  • Backup was a week old. Would like more frequent backups, allow a setting for backup frequency, DAILY backups overnite would work, keep more than 1 backup.
  • Download all the apps, get the apps that would NOT download.
  • and of course, lose certain apps not available anymore.
  • FIND & FIX everything that wasn't backed up.
    • Account passwords
    • Outlook mail preferences / folders
    • Restore app backups (exist inside application - save preferences).
    • Link Sims for Phone, Messaging.
    • Re-arrange START screen to simpatico ...
    • etc. that I forgot ... it's been a journey.

Phone is finally back (last nite) where I want it, gonna backup today ...

FWIW: As far as alarms ...
I use ReAlarm. Keeps 5 backups, though auto backup does not seem to be available.
It didn't work thru the bootloop, but consistently works, even on reboot overnite from update. Has myriad features, what Alarm & Clock should be.

Last edited:

Snoke

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone is paused from updates, buy only for a week (from a couple of days ago). What's the plan/procedure ?
Is MS going to fix this before time runs out.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
There was mention of turning your phone's date ahead 40 years, which will effectively error off the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo