What the heck is 16212.1000.rs_iot.170531-1800 (UUP-CTv2)

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
That's a good question. Hold on...
I have it too. I'm honestly not sure what it is. It doesn't look like a new build of Windows, however. Perhaps new firmware? It doesn't exactly look like that either but I'm not certain.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just checked for an update before bed and started downloading the same. Thought it looked quite a bit different to usual ones so headed here to see if anyone else knew. Seems we're all as confused as each other lol. "IoT" is quite an obvious clue but I'd love to know for what

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Don't install guys.

Dona Sarkar‏
*@donasarkar 4m
4 minutes ago

#WindowsInsiders : pls do not install any builds being offered til you hear from us with a blog post. If you have installed, reset with WDRT.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else updated but successfully. Mine has downloaded but I've not installed yet and I really don't have the patience to do so and have to start over with a hard reset.

Just saw the advice. Paused the Insider Previews until it's sorted

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I've paused both my Release Preview devices. I'll get to my Fast Ring's later haha. Glad I decided to wait before messing with this build. YAY Windows Insider program!
Man it's going to suck for all those Insiders who don't actually know what they're doing and aren't following Insider news. Or all the people who are inevitably going to install this build immediately before researching it. :/

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
My 950 xl isn't on the Insider but I'm seeing it, too. A few others posted the same thing in the WC article comments but they said it won't download.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
So, I have paused the "A restart is required to finish installing the following updates: 16212.1001.rs_iot.170531-1800 (UUP-CTv2)" for a week, hopefully a solution will show up before then, because I don't know what else to do at this point!

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, L930 stuck in a reboot loop and can´t connect to WDRT to reset.... Any advise?

(i cant even get the exclamation mark......)

I managed, just plug your phone in when WDRT is actually ready to load, there is a split second between the device switching on, and catching the FFU

drevdaug

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Stuck in a reboot loop and now forced to use WDRT to reset.

Same here. Definitely DO NOT install this!!! I will post my story, in case it might help someone.

I got off the phone with a friend a few hours ago, and saw that an update had been downloaded. I hit the restart without thinking about it. My Lumia 735 shut down, then tried to restart, then went black. Any time I tried to restart, it showed the Microsoft logo, then turned off. Plugged in, it repeatedly tried to restart.

Using the WDRT tool, it could not identify my phone, but I proceeded anyway. I had to keep clicking "retry" as it failed out repeatedly(phone resetting constantly). Luckily, each time it picked up where it left off, so it finally completed. I really didn't think it was going to restore, due to the restarts.

Luckily, it is almost back to normal, and I have learned my lesson. I will no longer update without researching first.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I WDRT too. Latest build on fast ring is 15063, 15215 is no where to be found, it keeps on pushing this build on the title down my throat! All 3 of them were up for grabs, mobile, xbox and pc. What's up with that??

I had to do a factory reset on 15063 and hold off any insiders build. Thanks Microsoft.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I WDRT too. Latest build on fast ring is 15063, 15215 is no where to be found, it keeps on pushing this build on the title down my throat! All 3 of them were up for grabs, mobile, xbox and pc. What's up with that??

I had to do a factory reset on 15063 and hold off any insiders build. Thanks Microsoft.

We all took that risk when we joined the Insider Program. We all clicked "I Accept." Even the Release Preview ring has its risks. That's why I believe Microsoft should've done a slightly better job making sure only the tech savvy are considering the Insider Program. I'm just glad I didn't just install it because I assumed "oh it's just a Release Preview thing it should be safe." I'm also glad I'm familiar with how Windows Update works and was able to pause the update on all three of my devices (at least, the three that are actually turned on) immediately after discovering the nature of this update. Hopefully, Microsoft should shut this thing down within 24 hours and be working on repairs immediately after that.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
We all took that risk when we joined the Insider Program. We all clicked "I Accept." Even the Release Preview ring has its risks. That's why I believe Microsoft should've done a slightly better job making sure only the tech savvy are considering the Insider Program. I'm just glad I didn't just install it because I assumed "oh it's just a Release Preview thing it should be safe." I'm also glad I'm familiar with how Windows Update works and was able to pause the update on all three of my devices (at least, the three that are actually turned on) immediately after discovering the nature of this update. Hopefully, Microsoft should shut this thing down within 24 hours and be working on repairs immediately after that.

I believe this is not intentional more so a VERY BIG OOPSY when it comes to flicking the switch, right now, it is not even turned off, after WDRT, joined fast ring, updated to 15063, factory reset.

It should have stopped this build, but now, even while not joining any insiders build, I got offered the above 3.

Someone could have turned the tap off that they mistakenly turned on. I'm now going back to production :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte