Windows 10 PC

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Well Windows 10 is tested with the Windows insiders before being released to users. Most of the issues are driver related since the OEM's build their devices with thousand of hardware configurations. Those configurations require specific drivers.

pim scheffers

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I guess it would be more helpful if you report the bugs you find, this will help to make Windows more stable.

Windows is an incredibly huge product spanning millions and millions of code lines made by many people at once.
The chance that small errors occur is therefore pretty likely.
Windows 10 is a living product and bugs will get fixed over time via updates.

greets, Pim

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Those Insiders are a sample of the general population. They all have different OEM hardware so MS's goal is to catch and correct errors before they are released to the general public.

gbonsalifus

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
Insider preview versions of windows could have some unresolved bugs, especially if you are on the fast ring. But commercial releases are more stable. You should send any bug report you get to Microsoft anyway, that can help improve window experience.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but I've found Windows 10 to be very fluid and I don't run into many bugs at all.

I personally am a huge fan.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
It's not.

Your hardware has incompatible drivers, or your software is badly written.

Recently I brought a slightly older MB (new). It doesn't support windows 10, all the drivers are for 7 - and it didn't work until I turned off the HDMI audio, because it didn't have compatible driver.

Now its sweet as. On my last machine I never had a problem, but then again, I used add on graphics and external sound.

If your machine has bugs, IMO, it'll be one of two things:

1) Software that doesn't share memory well.

2) Hardware with drivers that are not win10 compatible.

Neither of which have anything to do with microsofts coding of the OS.

Last edited:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by SUBHAJIT MAJHI
Why windows 10 is still buggy???

It's because they have been adding some features in their major update which will not stop till it will be a complete OS.

For bug related problems, they always released their patches (on most of 2nd Tuesday every month) to keep your system bugfree.

Apart this, you can use Feedback hub for adding your 'problems/suggestions' for the software you have.

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
It's mainly buggy because MS makes the OS and the OEM's make the hardware with other 3rd party components. Plus some of the older machines are designed to work with older OS's better.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's mainly buggy because MS makes the OS and the OEM's make the hardware with other 3rd party components. Plus some of the older machines are designed to work with older OS's better.
Not quite.

Windows has never been a perfect product and bugs are a fact of life for any software product.

However, it seems with Windows 10 that bugs and general quirkiness has been on the uptick in comparison to Windows 7 and 8.1.

Whether the reason, it's hard to pin down. One can point to the dramatic cuts in QA, the increased emphasis on the Insider testing program, the quicker release schedule, etc.

One can also point to older hardware but that shouldn't be as big of a factor as some espouse here.

Me? I've found Windows 10 to be perfectly acceptable. Windows 8.1 was more solid and responsive to me and the start screen should never break like I've seen on two 10 PC's I've touched, but so far it seems adequate and any issues on my daily are currently driver-borne.

tohkaht

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Microsoft has just switched to continually updating windows. With all possible combinations of computers on which Windows 10 is running, it is impossible to avoid errors. Windows 10 is still evolving. So something is being repaired and some other mistakes may occur. Due to the total number of computers running Windows 10, those bugs are not that much.

queensoft

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
All Windows, like all other operating systems, are buggy :)
Even if we cannot see a bug, that doesn't mean it's not there.
Becuase nothing in this world is perfect, bug free, flawless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb