LUMIA 950, contacts opens but then shuts down after a second

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Had this issue few days ago, the solution for me was by resetting the app, Go to settings > apps > people app > advanced settings > reset

Hope this help...

oelapoel

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
RESET is being greyed out on mine. Lumia 950 XL. production build. I guess I just wait for the next update and hope for a fix..

snikito

May 20, 2017
Visit site
The day that the problematic update leaked, the contacts update also leaked so it may be a broken app version. But the fact Microsoft still haven't fixed that after so many days leaving us with no access to our contacts is admirable.

finnish_elephant

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
In my case, People app reset was grayed out as well. I have contacted BX support and they send me the link to Windows Device Recovery tool.
Here is their mail:
Windows Device Recovery Tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379

1.Download the tool.

2.Follow the on-screen prompts to install it, then select Launch application.

3.Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your PC. If your phone isn't automatically detected after you connect it, disconnect your phone, select My phone was not detected, then follow the on-screen prompts. If your phone still isn't detected, try restarting it while it's connected.

4.When your phone is detected, select Install software. Installation may take a while, depending on the speed of your Internet connection, and you won't be able to use your phone until it's done.

Back Up:

To back up settings (including your Start screen layout and accounts) and app data (like high scores or conversation history), swipe over to the All apps list from Start Start symbol, select Settings > Update & security > Backup, and then turn on both options.

To back up your text messages, sync them among your mobile devices. Go to Settings > System > Messaging, and turn on Sync messages between devices.
* You may also use contacts+message app from store to back up the messages.

For photos and videos, go to OneDrive OneDrive icon > Menu > Settings > Camera Upload, and then turn on auto-upload.
Or tap and hold on the photos/album and choose the option share with one drive.(Make sure that this method requires a internet connection/WiFi)

Thanks
B2X Support Team

I used it and went back to previous build, People app is working so far... But it was really time consuming and don't know what will happen once the phone updates to the new version again.

As a workaround to access Phone book I have used Contact+ application for couple of days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion