Intel seems to have warned Microsoft about x86 emulation

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It makes sense, but Microsoft has an extensive legal department with a chief legal officer who's had the know-how to go against the US government when it was necessary. I am positive that this whole partnership with Qualcomm has gone under extensive legal research before Microsoft officially announced it. Intel is just feeling threatened by Qualcomm, since Qualcomm has already unarguably wrested the mobile market from Intel and now they're encroaching on the PC market that has almost always been Intel's kingdom.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Intel is just upset because they can't make a competitive mobile chip and now after years of stagnation AMD is becoming a threat again. They will need to put some effort in our lose their monopoly.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Intel is just upset because they can't make a competitive mobile chip and now after years of stagnation AMD is becoming a threat again. They will need to put some effort in our lose their monopoly.
I do not think it is that they can't, just that they have not yet. None the less, it could be stub in the road to slow things down. I think Intel is close to releasing their 10nm cannon lake later this year. But I know nothing about the specs on that processor design. Could Intel compete later in 2017/2018 and still wanting attention in their direction? Most definitely. They cannot afford to lose a whole lot of business, which is what things are looking like. Leave it to QC and Microsoft to be shaking things up a bit for the next 12 months at least...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel