Latest Windows 10 update kills iCloud

GetAweigh

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
I use iCloud to sync my Outlook calendar and contacts across two Windows 10 PC's, one Surface Book Pro 4, and a Lumia 950 Windows 10 mobile Phone.* My computers and Surface Pro just updated Win10 to 15063.413 and the Lumia just updated to*15063.414.

And now iCloud stopped working.* I was able to get Outlook to work on the PC's and the Surface Pro by reinstalling the iCloud desktop app and then reactivating it on Outlook on each device.* But the calendar and contacts on the Lumia rely on Calendar and People app built into Windows 10.* iCloud shows a "Attention required" message.* But it can't be fixed.* I've tried deleting it and adding it back but no luck.* I've tried a soft reset but no luck.

Someone suggested a hard reset but I don't want to do that if I don't have to.* Right now I'm running two identical calendars.* One on Gmail that I can sync with my phone in the meantime and one on iCloud that syncs on everything else.

Anyone else encounter this problem and if so, were you able to fix it?

d1stort1on

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I think it is actually because Apple just changed to forced two factor authorization. I had an identical problem back when I had decided to try the two factor when it was optional, had these problems, then turned it off. Right now I've just stopped using iCloud for everything except calendar (which works in outlook with icloud installed on the Surface). Calendar I'm sort of stuck with right now because of family. Not sure what I'll do.

daren629

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there an option with iCloud to use an App password? I know with Two Factor for Microsoft Accounts, there is an app password that can be generated to be used in apps that don't support Two-factor auth.

Doug_M

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Is there an option with iCloud to use an App password? I know with Two Factor for Microsoft Accounts, there is an app password that can be generated to be used in apps that don't support Two-factor auth.

There is. That is how I got mine working with W10M just yesterday.

Jaredallister

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Go to appleid.apple.com and under security, you can turn on or off two factor identification, and also create app specific passwords

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
There is. That is how I got mine working with W10M just yesterday.
Thanks. I was able to get this working with your suggestion as well on my Lumia. Strangely I havent turned on the two factor notification at all. It forced me to do this as iCloud email stopped working on all my devices

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

Doug_M

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I was able to get this working with your suggestion as well on my Lumia. Strangely I havent turned on the two factor notification at all. It forced me to do this as iCloud email stopped working on all my devices

Sent from mTalk

I had to go through the iCloud two-factor thing on my wife's Mac this weekend for both her and my accounts. I suspect Apple may have "forced" a switch to two-factor authentication recently. It is a pain to set up, but once done it is done and truly does prevent someone from running away with your account even if they get your login/password.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Wondered why my icloud emails had stopped working!

The manage apple id website wont let me turn it off as it doesnt seem to think i've even set it up yet. Only apple product i own now after getting out of apple is an ipod touch. Guess i will have to set it up through that to be able to turn it off......

Frustrating. Glad i can still see emails via the desktop browser site.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok, being dumb here.

If i turn 2-step on via my ipod touch [only apple device i now own]

What do i do to get emails on my surface and 950xl? How do i enter the app specific password? Turning 2 step off hasnt done anything, still cant get emails through [or does it take time for them to start coming through?]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs