Official Creators Update 1703 on Lumia 830

velkyfrufru

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I just switched from Fast Ring to Release Preview on my Lumia 830 and got upgrade to Creators Update (version 1703, build 10.0.15063.414) straight up. There's no tweak on the phone to get it. I have thought just 11 phones will get Creators Update but obviously something has changed. Do you have the same experience?

Sagnik Pal

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
The 11 phones which are announced by Microsoft to get the Creators Update are getting it through public release, i.e., not registering into any Insider Previews.

Even I got the Creators Update by using Release Preview on my Lumia 925, but I'm not sure of Fast Ring, would take you to this update.

Martin Rheinheimer

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I signed up for the release preview in the windows insider setting because I've read somewhere that microsoft would release creators update like this for 830. The option is on for, like, 4 days now but my phone have not been updated. Did you liked and/or recommend this update? I'm on 1358 (anniversary I suppose) and checking at the Nokia tools for pc it says this is the latest update. Should I just keep waiting or maybe switch to fast ring and back to release?

Martin Rheinheimer

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Just stay on release preview. Been there since 15063.138.

sorry, not sure If I followed. If I stay on release preview I'll get CU? even if I never switch to fast ring?

Edit: Nevermind. I switched to slow ring and updated till the last possible version then switched back to release and got the Creators. Now I'm still on release preview but there are no more updates to take.

Its working pretty great. I just wish that in the Applications settings was na option to clear app data like on android. My instagram for example is using 800+ mb but the app itself it only about 70.

Last edited:

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Its working pretty great. I just wish that in the Applications settings was na option to clear app data like on android. My instagram for example is using 800+ mb but the app itself it only about 70.
you can easily do that... go into storage>phone storage>apps>instagram>advanced options>reset

it will clear the app data and you will be able to reclaim the 800mb storage space. I regularly do that. You'd have to sign in again though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro