Suddenly since today PC & Mobile affected with onclkds

xpmymob

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Greetings,
On 16th I shut down my system and there were no issues, but today I opened my system and find that most of the times if I type anything in any of my browsers (tried with Edge, Opera, Firefox and Chrome) they redirect to onclkds site and then an ad shows up mostly an online store or Facebook. I searched online and find that its some adware. So I tried scanning my full system with Defender, Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, Norton, Windows RootKit Cleaner, Housecall, Tdsskiller, HitmanPro and Zemana Antimalware and it ran the entire day. All returned clean with 0 files infected! And I had also completely removed all temp files, removed explorer, edge, chrome, firefox and opera along with all previous settings. Then I restarted my system and surprisingly I again find browsers redirecting! I initially tried with Edge then installed Firefox and Opera (fresh downloads) and each time the ad redirect reappears :( And surprising part is that its happening even on my windows 10 Mobile!!! almost since the same time. So any help on how to fix this issue? Is reinstalling the only option? Or are there any fixes? Thanks

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked your system tray or control panel installed programs to see if there's something weird not intended program installed? I would also check running processes through task manager to find any startup services that might be triggering during startup that invokes the adware to start at boot, find it and uninstall it.

xpmymob

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Greetings, Yes no suspect programs. All are standard programs and in the last few days I have not even installed anything. Only Microsoft update in which Skype, OneNote, Mail&Calendar and Photos got upgraded and Adobe Flash Player.

But am really surprised as with 10 different tools there is zero detection. So not really sure what has happened, as even my mobile seems affected with it. I hardly download anything and mainly use it for checking mails and work so there are no extra software installed.

xpmymob

May 20, 2015
Visit site
After writing this I have removed Adobe Flash Player I read that sometimes fake flash players get installed under auto update. So let me try that. Any other suggestions?

xpmymob

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok after removing Flash the issue is less shows up once in a while. What I find is that onclkdsdotcom redirects to re19fladotcom and then goes to advertisement/facebook. But issue is still present. Zero detections by any programs :( so not sure what to do.

xpmymob

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure but is it possible that my ISP is affected with this? Why I said is that the system seems to be affected only when I connect through one ISP. If I connect through another then this redirect does not occur. And I tested this with around 4 windows phones that I have and systems. Each time I connect to a specific WiFi provider the issue occurs and does not occur if I connect via my Mobile Network.

xpmymob

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Ya I had already done that and also removed the browsers completely including any saved site/info. I contacted the ISP who said they are looking into it as there are complaints from others too. So is it really possible that at ISP level such a redirection can be done? If so what about safety of computers / data being transmitted over the ISP network - can it be subject to modification / hacking?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss