microsoft edge now has a 2 search bars after last update

Albert Held

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
After the last update while using Bing as my search provider I noticed that Microsoft Edge has an address bar and a web search bar that does nor make sense I can search in both when I switch to google as my search everything is back to the way Edge was designed to be one bar and says where to next.

Albert Held

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Why not use the browser that's designed for the operating system? I used IE for many years figured I would try Edge and I like it pages load fast, was never a fan of Google Chrome and I never tried Opera.

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure you've hit a sweet bug there. Are you the insider preview fast ring?? The behavior you are seeing was there in a very old build of edge

Albert Held

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Not on insider program its definitely not right. That's not the way edge was designed. Called Microsoft 3 times I found it to be a waste of time.

phoenixxdee

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Try Edge out. It really works. I personally do not use Chrome on a daily base. I tuned in to Opera when Dan reviewed it for the better here. And that was really right, they improved. But Edge just works for me fine, with all the features, we are just silently getting there.

ad47uk

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Why not use the browser that's designed for the operating system? I used IE for many years figured I would try Edge and I like it pages load fast, was never a fan of Google Chrome and I never tried Opera.

It is called choice, when i first came into the PC world from the Amiga I used Netscape as the provider i was with at the time provided it on a disk and I kept using it, i did have a look at IE, but much preferred Netscape.
As the years went on I changed to different versions of Netscape, even when it changed name to Pheonix and firebird and eventually firefox, until Version 5 anyway. but i still had a look at IE to see what it was like now and again and always went back to firefox.
then firefox lost it way after Version 4 and I tried opera again as i did have a peak all those years back when it was funded by advertisements. But then found chrome and that was it, I stuck with chrome or these days chrome clones since.

But i have had a look at IE and Edge, but still prefer Chrome, Extensions are better in chrome for a start, i had a look at edge a couple of days ago again and look at some extension, but they do not seem to integrate.

I know MS would love us all to use their cloud, edge and cortana, but not all of us want to.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Actually, on previous builds it was the same way. They just changed a bit design and position. I guess, You just didn't notice that bar earlier.

And yes, Edge works best on Windows 10. No need to talk about poor Google products here.

Albert Held

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I noticed it after the last update, it kind of defeats its own purpose because you can search from both. If you make google your search it's gone. I like Edge without the web search bar.

Phoenix_Lord

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Mine doesn't look like that.....it's worse. Part of my news feed is being cut in half as you can see by the red box I have around the area.
New Microsoft Edge Search home Screen.jpg

Oh... I want it removed in the next update...thank you.

Albert Held

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I have been using google search and it wasn't present now it is present in google search and also DuckDuckGo search. Microsoft now you are getting ridiculous! I reported it on Feedback Hub.

Kevin Meneely

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site
Same nonsense here. There is a new bing search bar that overlaps the top sites icons.

View attachment 137447

:angry My Wife's laptop has the same problem this morning. Microsoft couldn't even format the page properly as the Bing search box cuts the top of the items below - even my HTML is better than that!

Has anyone found a fix yet?

Glad i'm still in the dark ages using Windows 7 and Chrome....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills