W10M Is Going To Die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damian Powell1

May 28, 2014
Visit site
The best thing for Microsoft to do is put this thing out of it's misery because man is the overall experience a headache. I know the whole UX and UI is a talking point but how can you survive here when 3 of the major Social Media Apps are completely broken here? FACEBOOK is absolutely useless on W10M cause I have no idea why for the love of God they made it with a 2gb of ram minimal requirement same for MESSENGER, INSTAGRAM is another thing altogether is works every now and then but posting is something that often crashes the App, fortunately we will have non of these problem with a straight W10 experience across all devices and that for one is why W10M needs to die so that our beloved community can get the OS we deserve.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Facebook and messenger work just fine on our unsupported 1GB 830s, on 15063.414 . They still charge on the Qi chargers and to my amazement they still make calls.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Facebook is broken on Windows 10, I try the app occasionally and it's horrible on my surface. It's also broken more often than not on Android, I don't know how people put up with it, I just use the browser.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Facebook is broken as itself. Just don't use that **** and free Yourself from fake-social stuff.

BTW, we are going to die too. The only question is - who will be faster? ;)

Last edited:

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It will not die in my phone. I prefer Windows 10 (15226) phone. I have android phone too :)

I agree that very slowly opening FB and Messenger, even if they was already opened on background, are making way too often headache for me :(

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
There are people choosing platforms based on the FB app. That is some hardcore FBers. lol Leaves me scratching my head.

Sent from mTalk

Rainar Angelo

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I use my phone as is; No messenger and other apps.

Apps used : Whatsapp, local cab app, outlook mail, instagram (barely), groove, Spotify, F1, Flipboard,Onenote
All these work fine. Messenger is just annoying because of notifs and facebook is never a primary need.

Eventually when I do switch it'll be to a Nokia 5 or Nokia 6 because that's the brand I was always loyal too. Let's face it, most users of Windows were Nokia fans, not Microsoft.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Let's face it, most users of Windows were Nokia fans, not Microsoft.

Nice try.

Windows mobile has been around long before Nokia even dropped the N95, arguably one of the top 5 Nokias ever made. Better you said "many modern WP fans were Nokia fans", as there have been plenty fans of Windows mobile (made by Microsoft) from the early 2000s...

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nice try.

Windows mobile has been around long before Nokia even dropped the N95, arguably one of the top 5 Nokias ever made. Better you said "many modern WP fans were Nokia fans", as there have been plenty fans of Windows mobile (made by Microsoft) from the early 2000s...

Except facts speak against you.
First Windows Mobile was a niche OS in the days where there was no iPhone. Then it enjoyed success but, well, it's easy when they were in a niche market competing only against Palm.
And of course, back in those days Nokia rules supreme in the phone business.

In the post iPhone days though, Windows Phone only saw any growth and became "a thing" when Nokia adopted it.
And as soon as Nokia left, Windows Phone crashed and burned.

So yeah, sorry to break it to you but the VAST VAST majority of Windows Phone users were ONLY users because the OS was on a Nokia phone. It's the Nokia brand they bought, not Microsoft's (as shown by the miserable fail of Microsoft branded phones) nor Windows Phone as a platform.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Except facts speak against you.
First Windows Mobile was a niche OS in the days where there was no iPhone. Then it enjoyed success but, well, it's easy when they were in a niche market competing only against Palm.
And of course, back in those days Nokia rules supreme in the phone business.

In the post iPhone days though, Windows Phone only saw any growth and became "a thing" when Nokia adopted it.
And as soon as Nokia left, Windows Phone crashed and burned.

So yeah, sorry to break it to you but the VAST VAST majority of Windows Phone users were ONLY users because the OS was on a Nokia phone. It's the Nokia brand they bought, not Microsoft's (as shown by the miserable fail of Microsoft branded phones) nor Windows Phone as a platform.
Thanks for backing up my point when I said "modern WP" in such an eloquent manner, as I was just too lazy to focus on that defining THAT part of the conversation. Guess I figured everyone knows that Windows Phone up until 8.0 and the Lumia 920 was in essence a graveyard in terms of users base, as many of the tinkerers/software enthusiasts fled to Android on how the OS was set up once WP 7.0 was launched.

Windows has always been a niche OS and under the Nokia influence it became a little less niche. But my point is still the same - the original post was a blanket statement that I was responding to and no matter how small in number, there are people who liked and having been using Windows on a mobile device long before Nokia started to think about getting on board.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I use Instagram on my 1GB RAM Lumia 650 just fine. At the most, stories temporarily don't show up on first load but once you refresh, they appear and it's all good.

I don't think that it is actually going to die until the CShell thing drops and becomes available on a phone like device. It wouldn't make sense for Microsoft to shut it down, since they tend to have one foot in...sometimes.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nice try.

I bought my first Windows phone, when Nokia moved to Windows. Well, I am still here. Honestly, MS do not understand that people do not buy OS and they do not want any beta programs (half baked, like Apple say). Customers buy a phone and they expect that all key apps, including Facebook and Messenger, are working well from a day one and are easy to use ... by the way, such as Continuum is not a key app, so they are focusing the secondary apps. I am a user Lumia 950 XL DS, but I can not recommend Windows phone for any of my friends and relatives (a key reason: super slow opening of FB and Messenger).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought my first Windows phone, when Nokia moved to Windows. Well, I am still here. Honestly, MS do not understand that people do not buy OS and they do not want any beta programs (half baked, like Apple say). Customers buy a phone and they expect that all key apps, including Facebook and Messenger, are working well from a day one and are easy to use ... by the way, such as Continuum is not a key app, so they are focusing the secondary apps. I am a user Lumia 950 XL DS, but I can not recommend Windows phone for any of my friends and relatives (a key reason: super slow opening of FB and Messenger).
People buy a phone to have access to apps because that's a strategy first cultivated by Apple after the iPhone was launched. Before then, people had access to applications...Palm had apps, Blackberry had apps, Windows Mobile had apps too. What Apple did was help to redefine the current expectations of the application experience and the attached OS by extension.

MSFT is aware of that issue you spoke about and made numerous, yet unsuccessful attempts to remedy it. The internet is littered with numerous articles on this topic, many can be found here on Windows Central.

"Those who are unfamiliar with the history are often doomed to repeat it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo