YouTube does not play in Edge

oldman45

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
I am currently experiencing a problem where YouTube does not play in Edge.

I had a problem with IPlayer but enabling Flash Player solved this so it would appear that it is not Flash Player that is causing the problem.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Upgraded YouTube is extremely laggy... it freezes here and there on high-end machine, and totally crashes when I use "Ctrl+C"

I would give up on YouTube like I did on the rest google services... but there is no alternative yet -.-

oldman45

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Greetings queensoft

Thanks for replying and sorry for the delay.

Answering your questions in order:

When I load up YouTube the site loads and videos can be selected but the play screen stays black and displays 'An error occurred. Please try later (playback ID ----). There is no apparent way to enable play although all the controls are there.

I understand Flash is integrated into Edge but there is no way to enable it or allow it.

YouTube stopped working after I had a major issue with Windows following an automatic upgrade. I paid for an MS technician to correct the issue, which took around 8 hours as the technician reinstalled and cleaned up everything as well as making registry modifications.

Following this work I had to enable several applications but as I said I cannot get into Flash. There are other minor issues where Edge does not play certain files. To get around all this I use IE which works perfectly.

I have been advised the best route is to do a Fresh Start and install a fresh copy of Windows. I am a bit nervous of this as I am not confident about reinstalling any deleted applications that I want to keep.

Sorry for all the information but I would be glad of any advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett