Need some advice on video adapters

Rick Austinson

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the Continuum Dock for my Nokia Lumi 950XL, but I am hitting a wall with video. Basically, I need to hook it up to my KVM switch; it handles the USB for keyboard and mouse like a champ, but I cannot find a working adapter to change the video output(HDMI or Display Port) into DVI(what the KVM accepts).

I've tried this adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3685029

Which I've used use on several PCs to great effect. Its an active adapter powered by USB, but whether I plug the USB into the continuum dock or a powered USB switch, I get no signal on the screen. The dock puts out HDMI no problem, but I'd really rather run the setup through my KVM.

Has anyone tried a similar setup?

RicaChero

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have. The HP DisplayPort to DVI adapter works great. I say go with DP to DVI rather than the HDMI, for a slightly more common usage scenario (if you ever get an HP Elite x3 with Dock, you'll thank me). By the way, DVI works better than VGA in this scenario since you have to worry less about quality, inactive vs active, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre