Which one Windows 10 retail or OEM that allow me to migrate the license?

Thomas Dewangga

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I want to build my new PC, but I confuse to choose between retail version or OEM version of W10. I want to choose version that allow me migrate the license, you know, if I want to change my motherboard in the future. My last PC that I sold before cannot do this and it sucks. I have W10 from W7 free upgrade, and on the box it says "not OEM version". But when I deactivated on my old PC and try to activate on my friend's PC, it won't work.

So which one has a capability to migrate the license? Oh, FYI in Indonesia, my country, I couldn't find the *real* version of retail nor OEM. Because the pricing are so confusing. Some retailer selling W10 for 1.4 million Rupiah (100$) while in online shop they sell OEM version (which is written on their web, so I can't confirm that) between 200 thousand rupiah (16$) and 100$ too. So there are basically same prices for OEM and retail, which makes me doubt for buying. So anyone can help? For the prices first of course. Thank you.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I want to build my new PC, but I confuse to choose between retail version or OEM version of W10. I want to choose version that allow me migrate the license, you know, if I want to change my motherboard in the future. My last PC that I sold before cannot do this and it sucks. I have W10 from W7 free upgrade, and on the box it says "not OEM version". But when I deactivated on my old PC and try to activate on my friend's PC, it won't work.

So which one has a capability to migrate the license? Oh, FYI in Indonesia, my country, I couldn't find the *real* version of retail nor OEM. Because the pricing are so confusing. Some retailer selling W10 for 1.4 million Rupiah (100$) while in online shop they sell OEM version (which is written on their web, so I can't confirm that) between 200 thousand rupiah (16$) and 100$ too. So there are basically same prices for OEM and retail, which makes me doubt for buying. So anyone can help? For the prices first of course. Thank you.

I have pro. I'm upgraded all the parts, _except hard drive with system on it_, mobo, cpu, ram, graphics card included and it said "not activated". I went in, and said I'd done upgrades and it let me migrate the license.

My pro was a windows 7 free upgrade from 7 pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos