Windows 10 build 10.0.15063.447 - Windows Update completely broken

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
As the title suggests, I'm having major issues with Windows Update since the last cumulative update giving the following error message when looking for updates:

There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80244007)

I have tried the following with no luck:

• Running SFC /scannow - No integrity violations found
  • Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter - Found and fixed issues... Windows Update still doesn't work even after a reboot
  • Running the WuReset script found online - Runs through the entire script, reboot the computer and... you guessed it Windows Update still doesn't work.

The error code mentions something to do with WSUS servers when looking it up online but my Surface Pro 4 has never been connected to a network that has a WSUS server.

My only option now is a complete format and reinstall of Windows to see if that fixes the problem, something that I really do NOT want to do.

Has anyone else had this issue, if so did you resolve it and how?

Sagnik Pal

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
First try these steps:
> Restart your device thrice
> Uninstall any third part applications that you think are slowing our device down
> Charge up your device to full. Make sure battery saver is not turned on
> Switch to a faster internet connection
> Disable any firewall or virus protection softwares
> Clean boot your device (Instructions here) (Will not delete your information)
> Create a bootable thumb drive of Windows 10 (ask if you need help) and reinstall Windows from it. During setup choose to keep your files to prevent them from getting lost.

Final steps: (Makes you lose your data)
> Reset your device (Settings > Update and Security > Reset)
> Format your device (Even removes installation of Windows. You'll need to reinstall)

Well, these are some of troblueshooting tips you can try, although the last three possibly not needed to do. Hope this helps. Comment if you need to get more help. Best of Luck!

Want to win a Dell monitor from Windows Central? Follow this link!...

Dee12321pan

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
Yeah but the last two are insane! :D Those aren't even needed to be done UNLESS it's really serious one! I'd advise #neo158Ambassador to wait for somedays, then he can download ISO from Microsoft Med. Cr. Tool of the Fall Creators Update & that SHOULD be fine to install then. :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've now got this sorted out by doing a repair install on Windows 10. Windows Update was a little flaky for a couple of days afterwards but it works fine now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss