In your opinion, what is the best image viewer for Windows 10?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
There are probably better ones out there but I have been using ACDSee since I moved from film to digital, probably around 2002. It does just about anything you need to do with an image including minor retouching and editing. It is fairly inexpensive and you can d/l a 30 day free trail.

Www.acdsee.com

Twitter: @PhotographyET

queensoft

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
It doesn't matter if you're using Windows 10 or any other Windows.
99% of image viewers are compatible and work exactly the same on any Windows version.
I've been using XNViewMP (it has unicode file name uspport, if you don't need it then use XNView).
I also heard good thing about IrfanView and Faststone.
All these program have lots of editing options and some/all even support plugins/addons if I'm not mistaking.

KevinAltieri

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
I hate Windows 10 attempt to *CONTROL everything and now ALLOW us to change it. *The "Photos" App is Useless!I HATE IT! ...and i cannot remove the defaults from it, so I uninstalled it. *Now I want to Set my Default photo viewer to a program already installed on my PC, ..*ACDSee, ..*but it is not Listed as an installed app on my machine? *HOW can i select it to be the Default program if its not in the list ?

queensoft

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
So, when you try to double click an image file, you're presented with the "How do you want to open this file?" ?
Scroll down > More apps > scroll down > Look for another app... > select ACDSee
Unfortunatelly, you'll have to do this for all image formats: jpg, png, gif, bmp.....

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Many years ago I bought a copy of Paint Shop Pro 5 (Very old now) and I found the CD it came on a few months ago, installed it on my desktop and since last week it's been on my SP4.

Lightning fast, crop resize, save to most file types that I can think of, does everything I want, I did update PSP in the past but I always thought 5 was the best and simplest to use before it got bloated.

I do have Photoshop elements 14 but normally lose the will to live before I can achieve anything, so PSP is my main editing tool again and I am so pleased I found that CD.

For just viewing I use the built in Photo app.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Usually, Irfanview is considered the best. Kinda surprised it isn't mentioned here. Grab it from there web site rather than the store version for full plug in availability. It really is by far the best one out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa