950XL want to rebuild, most stable version?

Luke Lawrence

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi - I've been loyal to Windows phone / mobile for many years now, however my 950XL has been having problems. Locking up, getting extremely hot, and odd behavior the last month. SO I finally decided to rebuild it.

I used the Windows Device Recovery Tool and its reset the device, although the OS version looks old (2016)

I've just done a hard reset and am trying again. I work in IT so happy to try anything but wanted advice on the best OS version to have my 950XL on to work reliably, be that insider preview or standard version?

EDIT - removed this line
On rebooting after setting up I did not get a home screen. I was stuck in the App's list oddly and could not get out. as in short the backup had failed so I had no apps on the home screen

Last edited:

dmunfone

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
I just put 15228 on my 950XL with insider preview, slow ring. You can check out the discussion on that version in the Insider Preview forum - it's really solid. My phone is working great, and it seems like battery consumption has gone down considerably.

Edit to add: Make sure the firmware is up to date. 01078.00053.16236.35006

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The safest version is to stay on Production, there's no telling when an accidental build could be pushed out again.

You can't pick a specific OS version though, as Windows 10 Mobile is unstoppable as far as updates go. Going to Fast/Slow Ring opens you up to potential issues and you should also take into account the relative rough edges of Windows 10 Mobile that still persist.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon