Edge starting to get blacklisted

covfefe

Banned
Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Received the following from a major website (mail.com, 1500 on Alexa global rank)... yes Edge is so bad that it's getting blacklisted.

Your browser is not supported.
We generally support the following browsers: Google Chrome, the latest version of Safari, Internet Explorer 11 and later, Firefox from version 33, Opera from version 10. To fully utilize the functionalities of your mail.com mailbox, we recommend using the latest version of your browser.

(message appears after entering login details, home page currently looks normal apart from the fake news)

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I dont think that its 'black listed' but not supported by the website - i get this occassionally. Most recently i was unable to use the Photobox website as it refused to recognise that flash was built-in, so i just switched over to IE11. Not ideal, but things seem to be getting better and I refuse to be forced into using Chrome by a handful of websites.

Likac

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
If that's true, that's really bad!
Edge seems to be ok for me even though I use it as a 2nd browser for development testing and so... Try Google chrome :p

IE didn't get blocked, why would they block edge? -.-

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If that's true, that's really bad!
Edge seems to be ok for me even though I use it as a 2nd browser for development testing and so... Try Google chrome

IE didn't get blocked, why would they block edge? -.-
IE is the de facto browser for legacy uses, I imagine Edge just wasn't on their radar when whitelisting what browsers to give all their functionality too. (like how MS changed IE Mobile's User Agent in WP 8.1 Update 1 to disguise itself as Android or iOS so it gets served better mobile webpages.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos