For Windows 10 Mobile users (What are you doing with your current device?)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
What are you doing with your Windows Phone? What are you planning to do with your Windows 10 Mobile device(s). What do you like to do with your Windows 10 Mobile? I am curious to know who all is still curious, thriving, or enjoying the Windows 10 mobile world out there...

-Are you one who is rotating between the two or three you own ( that's what I do usually :] ) wishing one had aspects of the other?

-Are you using them to the fullest? Meaning are you into tweaking it or customizing (Interop Unlock or reg editing / Developer Mode)?

-Are you content with where you're at in using your current Windows 10 Mobile device?

-Whatever you want to share?

Ease of use is great on W10M. Email is superb. I like also that Microsoft has opened the door to development and the ability to access the registry for us technies, enthusiasts and do-it-your-selfers. These and many other things about Windows 10 Mobile has me latched and keeps me around too.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, it's no longer my primary device so I just try to update it every couple weeks to keep up with changes and see if anything exciting is happening.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
My 735 is currently my only mobile device, use it everyday. It's somewhat under powered but don't see any reason to change right now.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My 640XL is a music device now. The Green Beast, my 1520, is just something I look at and admire from time to time. Just installed a new battery in it yesterday, so it's a brand new machine again. Probably going to attempt to sell them both pretty soon. The old man, my HTC Ttitan, serves as my alarm clock. I wish I could somehow get W10 on it. 😁

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Windows Central mobile app

iamnixster

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I got the 730 when it was launched. It came with the grey back when I got it and I later changed to the lime green option (looks awesome in my opinion). Its my secondary device and I have it updated so that I know I am not missing out on any new features(if any). Honestly, its better than the initial days of W10M.

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have had my 640XL for more than 2 years. It still works, mostly, and I am too cheap to buy a new phone.
The email and texting works. It plays music. The camera sucks and crashes a lot. I will probably spring for an iPhone when it becomes completely unusable.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I use my 650 for music and podcasts. I do update it when there is an update and I check for app updates weekly. Even though I now I have workarounds for the apps that were lacking, it's battery life is not enough for me to use as a daily phone.

nwnjjim

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My 950 is my daily driver. Does everything I need to do, and does it well. My wife's 1020 is her daily driver and she loves it, she is still on 8.1.

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
640XL, my screen is dying. I am leaving Windows 10 Mobile soon. Used it for 2 years. In a very sad situation now. With no new devices I have to move on to the Nokia 6.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
keep fixing it! My 950xl is in pieces right now hoping the ebayer will give me a replacement screen cause the one I got, the touch stopped working :(

Maybe I'll just keep using the screen smashed up cause I'm finding the 650 is really a step below in capability. I guess I do use my phone heavily! The update yesterday may help the 650 though as it seemed to be more of a memory management issue.

anon(9626359)

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
My daily driver, running insider release preview builds even though I have android phone.
I like Windows 10 alot.
I want Microsoft to hurry up and release new devices.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Update my 830/650/950 whenever I feel energetic, other than that they have seen minimal use in the past 1.5 months - did try using my 950 just over a week ago but its lackluster performance became trying within 3-4 hours so back to bed it went. Then there's the app store that has gotten my goat from day one, literally despised it then and to this day.

So essentially we have three reasonably usable back ups (calls/text/email) if the need arose and guessing that is where their status will stay in the short term.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Well, I just bought the X3 used just to keep as a fun play toy in case nothing new comes along. I had no intention of making it my DD; have the iPhone 6s Plus for that. BUT: updated it when I got it late last week and the new release today temps me to give it a try as my DD to see what happens. 6" screen, 64 GB's, SD card, 3 GB internal memory and a fast processor. How could I not give it a chance. The 6s Plus is a great phone and I don't intend to give it up so like a kid at Christmas, I'll play with both my toys for a while and see how the MS wind blows over the next year.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a at&t Lumia 950. I use it for everything. Music. Movies. Text. Calls. Games. You name it i use it to lol. Though i wish i had the dock for it. Would love to use continuum on it. :)

Yiannis_P

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 because I was too stupid not to go for 640XL. The question is what this wonderful phone can NOT do. More than 2 years after it was released, only 1GB of memory and the damn thing runs the latest W10M build more fluently than W8 when it was purchased. Also some problems that used to have (battery life, minor camera issues etc.) have been magically eliminated after some updates. I use it everyday as my main phone for music, movies, torrent downloading, chatting on 3 different messengers, GPS navigation, photography (panorama mode is very good), surfing and e-banking (oh edge is great isn't it?), tethering (it's a WiFi hotspot as I'm writing this now), email (4 accounts in MS Mail) and I don't want to extend to cloud file services and text editing because the list will be too long. I don't know what to do if it breaks or lose it. 950 disappeared from stores so maybe a cheap android waiting for Microsoft's next move.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My L950 is my primary device, i have a L830 but it crashed after the the last 2 updates and loops through the Nokia screen. I also have a L920 that i use for backup. Also collecting dust is my L900

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3