My PC can't access Microsoft Services (incl. Cortana, Outlook, OneDrive, and even Windows Update)

Choco22

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
My laptop (a ThinkPad X240, Windows 10 Insider Preview on build 16257) has trouble to access many Microsoft Services, such as Cortana, Outlook.com, OneDrive, MSN, Office.com, and even unable to download apps through Windows Store (but it still up for task when i'm just browsing around in it), and Windows Update always failed, error (0x8024401c).

However, it happens only in my home network and only with my PC. I can use the services mentioned above with my PC in other networks, or when using other PCs (also with Insider Preview and not) or phones in my home.

I've tried the troubleshooting options in Windows but it always reported no problem found. I've also done some testing with my router (with firewall option turned on and off), resetting Windows Update and Windows Firewall, but the trouble is still happening.

I can confirm that my time is set correctly, I have enough storage space available, and I'm the only person who has access to the router settings.

What do I need to do? I'm open to any suggestions except from reinstalling Windows.

Regards.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I presume you're on a broadband ISP.

To get port forwarding working properly for a specific program I had to make changes to my modem. The router was set up correctly, but there is a router in the modem as well. The fact you cannot access from your own network but can access from other networks seems to indicate it's a network, not PC, problem. . .

Call your ISP?? Have you tried bypassing your router?

Choco22

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
However all other devices are able to connect to Microsoft services just fine. Those devices are 4 Android phones (all uses OneDrive photo auto upload, 1 with Cortana set as default assistant), 2 Windows 10 Mobile phones, 3 notebooks (1 Windows Insider Preview, 1 Windows 10 Creators Update, 1 Ubuntu). I can't see if the problem with my connection tbh, but again if I do know what the problem is on the first place I might not be asking question here :)

I've tried using tracert from my own PC and try to compare it with other PC on the same network (including the tools included in my router) to find the culprit with no success. (or it just me that don't understand it fully).

Please help, I already miss the latest Windows 10 security update.

Choco22

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
The problem exists when using both WiFi and Ethernet connection.

When opening the troubled website (such as onedrive.live.com), the browser will spit out the following error messages:
Capture2.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon