Xodo app crashes repeatedly after editing a pdf

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue while using Xodo?

I intall it. Open a pdf from it and edit the pdf. Save it. Email or do whatever I need to do with the pdf. Later swipe to remove the app from tasks. Come back to the app moments later to launch it again and it repeatedly crashes. Even if I do a soft reset the app never opens again. I have to uninstall and redownload/install the app again. I really like the app for its inking and other edit functions. I will be reporing some feedback for now to the developer...

opdiefiets

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes it's annoying and sadly it's persistent.
I hate Edge as the standard pdf-reader, before CU I could happily choose Xodo. Now I have to download it first then open it in a real pdf-reader.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes it's annoying and sadly it's persistent.
I hate Edge as the standard pdf-reader, before CU I could happily choose Xodo. Now I have to download it first then open it in a real pdf-reader.
I use Perfect PDF Combine. It's Continuum-compatible and as the name infers, you can combine PDFs.

Yes, I agree 1000% with those who hate Microsoft's decision to make Edge the default reader. A very boneheaded move in my opinion.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Once you use Xodo to perform any task it will persistently crash thereafter. Instead of uninstalling and re-downloading just simply reset the app. It has been behaving like this for sometime and I don't understand why the developer hasn't fixed it. Aside from this very annoying behavior it's an excellent app

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Once you use Xodo to perform any task it will persistently crash thereafter. Instead of uninstalling and re-downloading just simply reset the app. It has been behaving like this for sometime and I don't understand why the developer hasn't fixed it. Aside from this very annoying behavior it's an excellent app

Unfortunately the reset app feature is only available to Creators Update OS version users.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If it makes anyone feel better, Xodo on Android is also a crash fest. I figured by now they would have fixed it but I guess not. Tried using it this morning and it was a no go.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Uninstalled this afternoon. Gonna try PDF Max again. I stopped using it some time ago because..... it was crashing all the time. What is it with PDF apps anyway? PDF Max was crashing on my iPhone too.

Good question. The weird part about Xodo is that it won't have an issue until you open a pdf from it. Then it is all down hill after that point. Once you close the app down, and try to reopen it it starts. Xodo works fine on the PC for me. I submited feedback to the developer via the app rating hoping it would be resolved at some point. I have not had to use the app for about 15+ days though. But if folks are chiming in here about it I do not plan to use it until it gets an update.

It is possible it is OS related. I suppose once the RS3 release comes, we could see how it works out for that app, but only speculating here as it seems the only reason since the dev has not fixed it for quite a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss