Outlook adding extra characters to password ?

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing a problem adding an IMAP account to Outlook, I've done this once with another IMAP account with no problems.

When adding the second IMAP account, entering all the credentials, email address, password. When syncing the mail, no mail is synced when checking the account credentials, the original password which consisted of eight characters, now is fourteen characters.

I've deleted the IMAP account and done the standard steps three times, in all attempts; the same thing happens, the password for the account has extra characters ?

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
How do you know the password has changed, since you can't read it back. You're not just going by the number of stars in the password field, are you? Because that's not an accurate reflection of the real password. The smarter implementations of account screens put in a generic "***" field that has no bearing on the real password, so that somebody who may see that screen can't guess at the actual number of characters.

I think you're looking in the wrong place for your problem, but I don't do IMAP myself so I can't offer an alternate suggestion. Perhaps posting specifics of the mail provider (Live? Exchange? GMail?) and the mail client (since you're in the W10M forum, we may be safe assuming the Mobile Outlook app) will help others provide guidance.

Brad.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
How do I know the password has changed.
If the password shows this; ******* and after checking the account it shows ************** does that reflect a password change.

I am using the mobile outlook app; the problem may be a email network problem which I'm investigating as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos