Conspiracy theory: Are Samsung and Microsoft teaming up?

Luuthian

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
This is purely speculation on my part but a few things seem to point to Samsung and MS being cozy with mobile together, if not outright planning more joint ventures.

For one you've got the "Microsoft" edition of the S8. Then you've got their joint Office venture with Dex to make sure it runs properly in full screen. Then you've got the fact that Samsung produces hardware for MS in the computer space. And finally... We've got that message from the Samsung president talking about a folding device next year.

Put those all together and it makes you wonder if Samsung will be helping Microsoft with their so called ultimate portable. It's entirely possible it'll just be a screen and there will be no Samsung or Galaxy branding involved but it does make you think... Will Samsung eventually compete with MS or produce a device that runs Windows in foldable format?

Seems more and more likely each day that eventually the two companies will need to work closer or butt-heads one day.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Samsung reached a deal with BlackBerry to make Knox safe. Then they provided the dual-curved edge displays for the Priv. Nothing came out of that to warrant any conspiracy theories either.

We have enough rumor mill material here to keep the tinfoil hats in check. Please don't add fuel to the fire.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is an absolutely massive company, they make a LOT of stuff. Their own phones are one of the smaller aspects of the business as a whole.

Basically, they can afford to drop out of making Galaxy phones sooner than they could drop out of doing hardware for other phones.

Loyalty and money don't mix.

BryGuyNovice2014

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, the return of the Note 8 is a lot of what I think would be an eye turner for me. I mean, the S-Pen with pressure sensetivity? Would Microsoft be looking into a consumer handheld that can work somewhat similarly?

A lot of what Microsoft is doing is just silence. Sitting on their hands and tapping their feet. We'll see what happens, but Samsung is making stuff happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes