My optical drive does not show up anymore

Dennis Duggan

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
My optical drive has disappeared from my system. This happened after the last update. When I go to the device manager I see this error:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Please help! I need to know if I need a new DVD drive or if it is just a corruption in the registry.

What device you are using? I am on a Toshiba Satellite.
Using TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208AB

What OS or Firmware is your device running on? Running Windows 10

What steps have you taken already to try to fix the issue?
I googled it and have gone through removing the High and Low filters. While in the RegEdit I tried to look at the Properties key under the CDROM device. It said I didn't have permission to open but I could change the permission. I changed and deleted that key. Didn't help. One solution mentioned to remove a device if you have just installed one. I had installed a new printer so I removed that. It didn't help.

If the issues are with a certain app, what version of the app are you running? No, it doesn't show up in the file explorer anymore.

Are there any specific error messages you get? If so, what are they?
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss