I need a cheap Windows 10 key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayhuwaniwanga

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I have built a new system which now needs a Windows 10 key. I can't just spend 100$ on it. I heard there are OEM keys on internet for 15$. Where can I find a safe one?

Thanks

deswync

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Those game key reseller sites like Kinguin and G2A have cheap keys. But be warned that those keys are usually keys taken from school computers and are the locked down version of Windows 10 aka 'Windows 10 for Education'

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
If you have any older motherboard with Windows 10 (even ones that had older Windows and upgraded to 10), you might be able to transfer the license.

Try this first: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

If that fails, and you have proof-of-purchase of any computer with Windows 10 Retail (meaning not OEM pre-installed), and proof-of-purchase for your new motherboard, you can try to go on Microsoft support and see if they'll transfer it.

I got a free license through the Insider Program (when those were available free, just before launch) and I've since transferred and continued using it.

You can also just not activate. There are no downsides to having a non-activated version of Windows, other than a watermark on the screen (it's a small translucent watermark in the bottom right that says "Go to Settings to activate Windows"), and not being able to change the accent colour (unless you change on a different PC and sync the setting). If you can live with the watermark, you can use Windows for free.

Also if you need it, the download for Windows 10 is here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=VVrmhQAS (this download works to install any version of Windows 10 on any computer, including OEM, no key required)

Jason Angle

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Those game key reseller sites like Kinguin and G2A have cheap keys. But be warned that those keys are usually keys taken from school computers and are the locked down version of Windows 10 aka 'Windows 10 for Education'

This would also be illegal (Violation of EULA). Linux is free, Windows is proprietary and licensed required. If you are getting something for $15 that should cost $100 you are paying to get ripped off.

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have built a new system which now needs a Windows 10 key. I can't just spend 100$ on it. I heard there are OEM keys on internet for 15$. Where can I find a safe one?

Thanks

I will suggest you to buy an original license key from Microsoft because its an one time investment and because you do not want to get malwares and spywares.

I WILL ALSO SUGGEST MICROSOFT TO REDUCE THE PRICE OF WIN 10 FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE RUNNING OLDER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS LIKE VISTA AND XP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism