Erm. Had to roll back from the Fall Creator's update.

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
What my heading says: I rolled back from the Creator's Update, reason being, after I updated today, the OS played havoc with storage settings on my PC (HP Envy Phoenix).
Basically, it made *all* storage, whether the internal hard drive, or when connecting a USB flash drive, be write-protected, and no amount of command prompt fixes worked.

So, for now, rolled back until there's a bug fix.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Been refraining from updating my umpteen machines with any cumulative update due to the ever increasing failure rates I've been experiencing with them, device issues or rendering PC itself useless seems to be the commonality. A while back installed Creators Update on one of my desktops, became incapacitated because it couldn't find pri HDD. Lucky for me we were able to roll back to previous version, haven't attempted this feat since.

But yesterday decided to give it a go on one of my Ultrabooks. Will say, throughout all the updates Window 10 has received prior to Creators, this particular laptop has been the least problematic out of all that I own. Well, that was about to change. It too ended up debilitated and unusable. Upon a reboot would get to the manufactures splash screen and then just halt then and there. After much fiddling was able to get options for a repair yet the only usable one, a fresh install. Throughout it all not once was there an indication as to the initial problem(s).

So, 2 PCs and two attempts upgrading to the Creators Update, both times a fail. The one and only PC I use regularly (now) has not gotten notification for said update and if it does, we’ll do everything in our powers to keep it from happening. Personally, MSFT's OS isn't the only thing needing a fix, includes in-house too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3