Move from fast ring to release preview ring without rolling back to currentbranch build

AshrafT

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I want to receive the app updates that is pushed to the release preview but I want to stay on the latest fast ring build. Anyone know of a way?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I think if you try to leave the Insider program, it'll ask you to do that (stay on current build, but don't receive future fast ring builds). Then you could switch to Release Preview.

The only thing I'm not sure about, is whether it'll let you switch to Release Preview immediately (to get app updates), or whether it'll make you wait for a Release Preview OS build to be available (probably 2-3 weeks).
Either way, you can leave Fast ring without losing anything, but you might not get the app updates immediately.

Chazzy J

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Negative -- at least not that I know of. If you're in the Fast ring, you can only toggle between the Fast ring and Slow ring. If you want to move back to release preview, you have to do a fresh install of current edition of Windows that the general public is on. Once that's done, you can select Release Preview.

There is no way to remain in the fast ring environment, but only get release preview updates for apps. Hope that helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes