Home Automation - Has MS already missed another bus?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Ya, falling behind fast. You almost never hear about support for W10. Not a peep about the Harmon-kardon Cortana speaker or the Home hub software MS showed off earlier this year.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I think you will be able to use Cortana to utilize Alexa, and vice-versa. I think this will be a BIG step forward for Home automation.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think you will be able to use Cortana to utilize Alexa, and vice-versa. I think this will be a BIG step forward for Home automation.

Heard about that but considering the miniscule "real" cortana usage Amazon may just abandon it, there's nothing in it for them. Cortana has been anyways left far behind, its just a search app for me, and MS is still not able to expand it to many countries.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Heard about that but considering the miniscule "real" cortana usage Amazon may just abandon it, there's nothing in it for them. Cortana has been anyways left far behind, its just a search app for me, and MS is still not able to expand it to many countries.

Yes, it would be insignificant for Amazon, but huge for MS. The fact that there is collaboration is a good sign for the Home Automation business, IMO.

Jason Angle

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
From their webpage:

Make and receive calls
with Skype
Captivating Harman Kardon sound
Voice control your music
Get things done with Cortana
Coming fall 2017

* Home automation works with select providers. Works with select music subscription services. Set up requires Cortana app for Windows 10 PC or phone, Android or iPhone (requires Android version 4.1.2 or higher, or iPhone 4 with iOS 8.0 or higher). Microsoft, Cortana and Skype are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.

Harman Kardon Invoke – Voice Activated Speaker with Cortana

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos