I'm standing my ground, and sticking with Windows Mobile.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Groove died? I don't get it? Groove is still working on my Lumia 950! It plays all my CD's which I've ripped too mp3 and store it on OneDrive! Also using Spotify premium.
Yes, according to the Chicken Little Society when one feature is removed the sky falls and you're pronounced dead. Groove is now just a music player for onboard storage or streaming from OneDrive.

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Love my Lumia 950 XL but... Not gonna lie here so.... I cannot only stick to win 10 mobile 📱 since Microsoft does not fully support it anymore.

skald89

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Im still using it. Wish they would fix bugs. Waze stopping to work is annoying and idk what to do now. Its one of the few apps I use.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
What support do you need? Our Windows Mobile Phones work great.

I would most likely still have been on Windows Phone if they hadn't dropped support for MS Teams. But, in reflection, I also needed an Android phone for my work, seeing as nobody develops for Windows Phone.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm still here with my L830, and will be to the bitter end but isn't it time this thread title was changed to
"I'm standing in quicksand but sticking with Windows Mobile"

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
What support do you need? Our Windows Mobile Phones work great.

If we are being honest with each other we know exactly what support means.
As technology, mobile or otherwise, advances most people expect something more than a 3 or 4 year old smartphone only getting security updates. Does everyone need this? No, you certainly are getting by just fine but that’s not the case for most.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
What a ridiculous topic.

I’m “standing my ground” with MS-DOS and a green screen IBM PC with dual floppy disks. Who is with me?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
What a ridiculous topic.

I’m “standing my ground” with MS-DOS and a green screen IBM PC with dual floppy disks. Who is with me?

what a ridiculous post, you're trying to make a point using 30 year old tech, when the current WM phone is only 2-3 years old.... I get what you're trying to say, but that's like using an example of "why use a calculator when you can use an abacus to do calculations?" which is by far over exaggerating your point and unrealistic analogy... my HP X3 does EVERYTHING I need it to do but maybe not having SOME apps is a bummer... but by no means can I compare it to an IBM green screen PC! LOL so yeah some of us are going to hold out for something better than IOS and ADdroid... *cmoooon andromeda*

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
what a ridiculous post, you're trying to make a point using 30 year old tech, when the current WM phone is only 2-3 years old.... I get what you're trying to say, but that's like using an example of "why use a calculator when you can use an abacus to do calculations?" which is by far over exaggerating your point and unrealistic analogy... my HP X3 does EVERYTHING I need it to do but maybe not having SOME apps is a bummer... but by no means can I compare it to an IBM green screen PC! LOL so yeah some of us are going to hold out for something better than IOS and ADdroid... *cmoooon andromeda*

I did not leave Windows mobile because it didn’t work any more. At the same time it couldn’t do everything I wanted it to do (I’m not using websites instead of apps). I left because it was no longer going to be developed and I doubted the hype that Andromeda was right around the corner.
So in summary, could I still be using Windows mobile? Yes.
Did I choose to go with an OS that’s still being developed so I could take advantage of the newest advances and support? Yes.

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Most of us here don't blame you one bit for leaving and hope that whatever phone/OS you choose is working for you. A few of us Diehards are sticking with it till the end! Then comes the hard part, What next. :-/

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Most of us here don't blame you one bit for leaving and hope that whatever phone/OS you choose is working for you. A few of us Diehards are sticking with it till the end! Then comes the hard part, What next. :-/

Just like with BlackBerry, Nokia and Palm.
You find the next best thing and adjust to that. Until that choice disappears (yes, that will happen to Apple and Android some day also).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss